X

scorpion slipon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scorpion slipon

Well I decided to put a aftermarket muffler on the katana.
    Last month, after looking around I decided a scorpion carbon fiber
    would look pretty cool. Got it from cyclegear in town.

I loosened the lower fairing on that side to get a little more room but I really didn't need to.

It took about 2 hours total counting 1 hour of trying to get the muffler clamp on to the muffler

It is a little louder then the stock one for some reason
    Took it out for a short ride last night after I got done, it sounds sweet going down the road.
    Doug

Looking good man!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

That looks nice!!! I'm sure it sounds even better.
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Thanks y'all. Later on this month I am going to cut some of the rear shovel off so it doesn't hang down so much.

Comment

how does the scorpion sound? is it stupid loud, like the d&d?

Comment

That is sweet.
            Carbon Fibre is the only way to go.
            "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Originally posted by dsmracer
              I'm not sure, I haven't seen another Katana (or another bike) with a d&d too compare it too. I hear some loud sportbikes go by all the time but when I'm out I only see harleys.

Comment

Originally posted by dgzkatana
                Originally posted by dsmracer
                I'm not sure, I haven't seen another Katana (or another bike) with a d&d too compare it too. I hear some loud sportbikes go by all the time but when I'm out I only see harleys.
                i dont think my d&d is "stupid loud" in fact i think it sounds pretty damned good thank you very much.
                What did the hand say to the face?... "Slap!"

Comment

not saying the d&d sounds bad, just that it is pretty damn loud, even for a slip on. no offense

Comment

This'll be under the tree Christmas morning. :P

Scorpion shorty Carbon Fibre slip on.
                    Complete with mid pipe and hardware.

I don't know much about them, but from what I've read, there's not much difference in performance when you only install a slip on.
                    Hopefully it won't be too loud.

' course this for my Gixxer.
                    But I wanted you to know this post encouraged me to look at Scorpion.
                    Let me know how you like yours when you get it on, ok?

Any thoughts?

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I took it out for a longer ride this afternoon. It sounds REALLY GOOD when you twist the throttle all the way open. It doesn't sound like it's about to blowup at 8K like it did with the stock can(at least to me).

That shorty can oughta look good on a Gixxer.

Comment

looks sweet....what was the price tag?????
                        www.gleno.net
                        what doesnt kill you will only make you wiser and stronger

Comment

Mine was just over 400. I probably could of looked at ebay more and found a better deal.

Comment

Re: scorpion slipon

Originally posted by dgzkatana
                            Well I decided to put a aftermarket muffler on the katana.
                            Last month, after looking around I decided a scorpion carbon fiber
                            would look pretty cool. Got it from cyclegear in town.

I loosened the lower fairing on that side to get a little more room but I really didn't need to.

It took about 2 hours total counting 1 hour of trying to get the muffler clamp on to the muffler

It is a little louder then the stock one for some reason
                            Took it out for a short ride last night after I got done, it sounds sweet going down the road.
                            Doug
                            That carbon is beautiful! I am thinking of getting one but 400 bones is a llot of cash!
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

I found a stainless steel scorpion for $234. I wanted the carbon but decided against it because of the price and the fact that I have to sleep in the same bed as the wife The sound is great though. Not as loud as a D&D but loud enough. I shakes the dishes in the house. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X