X

bar end mirrors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bar end mirrors?

I need some new mirrors for my bike (only had one when i got it and the screws don't like the fairing fit very well :-/)

i was wondering if anyone has used the bar-end mirrors on a kat yet?... the more and more i think about it other then being a little low for me the seem like they may be more useful (being that the stock mirrors give me a great view of my arms and not much behind me doh?

so anyone used these types of mirrors? howd you like em? any issues using them?

thanks
    mark

if it doesn't want to go on check what it actually screw into on the other side of the fairing
    mine was bent from a drop from some previous owner I guess
    Live and Lean.
    When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    Romans 3:23

Comment

There are a couple of guys with the bar end mirrors. Do a search for them, should turn up some pics of them.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

They're fairly low, and vibrate like crazy at high speed, but you can see behind you and not just your elbows. There are many different types, and some might vibrate less, not sure.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

+1 for too much vibration. I tried them, you can see behind you, and, not just your elbows, but, if you look at them too long. You might get motion sickness.
          I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name right.

Comment

You've got a Pre-98, so you can optionally install the 98+ mirrors, or what some people do is use longer bolts and a riser pad to get them further out.

If it's solely a mounting/alignment issue, cure the issue.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

so the '98+ mirrors are wider? hmm sounds like the way to go... i got the bike w/ only one mirror... so new mirrors is ideal for me anyway

thanks again cyber

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                You've got a Pre-98, so you can optionally install the 98+ mirrors, or what some people do is use longer bolts and a riser pad to get them further out.
                So are the 98+ a direct swap? Or is there any mods needed?

Comment

the bar end mirrors definitely aren't as good as stock, but stock just wouldn't look right on certain bikes, plus I have no idea where I'd mount them.
                  http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

Working...
                  X