Katana of the Month - July 2007 - FASHER
 

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Mechanics 101

Mechanics 101 Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2018, 09:51 AM   #1
Matt88ch
Chicken Strip
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: East Hampton
Posts: 22

Default Sticking starter?

So my bike used to start 90% of the times, the other 10% I had to tap the starter lightly and it would turn over and start, however lately it refuses to start at all, so that led me to believe the starter is shot(relay clicks but no crank) I even eliminated the relay with a pair of pliers to eliminate solenoid. I've searched the forum and found one post where someone took out the starter and it was all dirty and gunked up inside. My question is, is there a starter rebuild kit I can but or am I better of getting a used/new starter? I saw used starters on eBay go for 30$ or so. I just need some guidance on which route to take (new aftermarket or used original starter)
Matt88ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
92xjunker
Neo-maxoid-zoomed-bweebie
Supporting Member
 
92xjunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,022
eBay ID: guysmustang

Default

Buy a good used starter..
__________________
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
spammer police
USAF veteran
If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group
92xjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

  KatRiders.com > Service Department > Mechanics 101

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starter Button sticking Batman_89 Mechanics 101 3 10-19-2016 08:07 PM
Ignition Key Sticking rottenpixies Mechanics 101 5 07-02-2013 08:18 AM
rev is sticking zach5045 Mechanics 101 18 05-18-2011 05:35 PM
Idle sticking at 2.5k to 3k wickeded Mechanics 101 4 03-30-2010 06:57 PM
Removing the Starter Gear under the Starter Cover DDMGraphix Introductions 2 10-09-2006 03:56 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Katriders.com, Copyright ©2004 - 2018

Like Cigars? Check out Vitola.org