X

02 kat 600 exhaust ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 kat 600 exhaust ?

are there any dangers in running a straight pipe exhaust on my bike? just not real fond of the muffler looks. i mean i can live with but just wanting to view my options a lil.. any advise will be appreciated
    I Make it happen

Originally posted by 02katana6oo View Post
    are there any dangers in running a straight pipe exhaust on my bike? just not real fond of the muffler looks. i mean i can live with but just wanting to view my options a lil.. any advise will be appreciated
    I have not run one, but there is a moto gp drag pipe (shorty). I mean short. If you do a search on you tube and this site for Katana exhaust or Katana moto gp, etc, , you can research them.
    Karl Hyzer

2006 Suzuki Katana

sigpic

Comment

thanks man that thing sounds great and is just what im looking for
      I Make it happen

Comment

thanks man that thing sounds great and is just what im looking for
        No problem. Mine came in this afternoon. Installed in about 10 minutes. Instructions said to remove right side cover. But no need to on my 06.

Sounds great, and loud. I'll be putting my scorpions in the attic.
        Karl Hyzer

2006 Suzuki Katana

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaufmanrider View Post
          No problem. Mine came in this afternoon. Installed in about 10 minutes. Instructions said to remove right side cover. But no need to on my 06.

Sounds great, and loud. I'll be putting my scorpions in the attic.
          awsome man send me a video
          I Make it happen

Comment

awsome man send me a video
            I did a quick vid this morning. I'll try and get some of it on the road when it warms up some.

I know someone will ask. In addition to removing the rear fender, I installed longer dog bones to raise the rear end. Bought them from this forum. Easy install.

Now that I have the short pipes, I think I'll install the jet kit I have been holding on to for the past couple years. I already have the ignition advancer. Not sure about changing the sprockets.

Time for the 8000 mile service anyway, so who knows what I'll do.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIQRcjnHW0I[/ame]
            Karl Hyzer

2006 Suzuki Katana

sigpic

Comment

Reminds me of my cut-off midpipe, except I'm pretty sure mine isn't that loud (though it's still too loud for me.... I need to find a way to baffle it).

[ame=http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p174/loudnlow7484/?action=view&current=100_1355.flv][/ame]
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

No danger, just really obnoxious and sounds like crap.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  No danger, just really obnoxious and sounds like crap.
                  Beauty is in the eye, or this case, ear of the beholder.
                  Karl Hyzer

2006 Suzuki Katana

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaufmanrider View Post
                    Beauty is in the eye, or this case, ear of the beholder.
                    i like that lol i for one really like the way they sound but thats just me and the few others ive seen that like it. thanks for the input guys
                    I Make it happen

Comment

Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a yosh on my bike, I was watching vids of moto gp style on kats and I think it sounds AMAZING!! Does anyone notice any hp increase? Or atleast throttle response?
                      2002 GSXF Katana 600- Sold
                      2004 GSXR 600

Comment

where do you guys buy the katana gp exhaust ?

Comment

Originally posted by TjCase85 View Post
                          Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a yosh on my bike, I was watching vids of moto gp style on kats and I think it sounds AMAZING!! Does anyone notice any hp increase? Or atleast throttle response?
                          Sorry, didn't see this when you posted it.

No, the bike has been fastest with a real exhaust, and much less obnoxious. I'm sure I could have tuned better to the cutoff midpipe, but it wasn't worth it for the possibility of marginal gains and the certainty of irritating everybody near me in traffic.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                          X