X

Running Lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Lights

I saw a post where someone used some 30 dollar gizmo for running lights on his bike......I recently replaced my fronts (one was in half) and there are three wires...one for the turn signal, one ground, and one more. I've noticed that using the two different positive wires results in different brightness levels...which leads me to think dual filament bulb.

Couldn't I just hook up one of the wires (less bright) to a switched 12v then the other one to the turn signal and effectively have running lights?

Thanks,
    -Duo
    Ride on, CyberPoet. You will be sorely missed.

Originally posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
    I saw a post where someone used some 30 dollar gizmo for running lights on his bike
    That is me.

Originally posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
    Couldn't I just hook up one of the wires (less bright) to a switched 12v then the other one to the turn signal and effectively have running lights?
    Yes.

I tried that one as well after I had one side of the gizmo fail on me. I used the rear brake light socket since it uses a dual filament bulb and wired the dim running light to a switched 12v circuit and the other two to the turn signal wires.

One major issue I did not like about that mod is the running light, for me, was not bright enough. I ended up buying another set of the running light gizmo.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Like these ?

Cost me all of $5 from the clearance bin . $20 for another set after I broke these when I wreckeded .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I want that, too busy to do it though.
        sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

there is a unused brown lead tucked away inna nose of your kat that is for the running lights. same circuit as the always on tail light. that's what the 3rd wire goes to. ground, turn, and running. and yes, it's a 1157 style dual filiment bulb probibly
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
          X