X

katana 750 idle problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana 750 idle problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 93 750 Katana, problem was that I went to start it to run but looks like there was fuel in the pistons, it cranked up and started, (hesitated when I realized what the problem was) but I went from running with the choke on fine, when I got hte choke to normal position it would stall, when I tried to start it again it would not start, after some 15 minutes I tried again and it started fine but after she warmed up again the rpms wouls go down and the engine died again, and would not re-start after cooling down again, I can keep the engine from stalling if I keep the rpms in 2000, and when I open the throttle it responds as usual with lots of power. I replaced the plugs with new ones, and flushed the carbs with techtron treatment, and bypassed the fuel petcock and fuel filters to make sure that was not the problems.I have the engine to idle at 1500 rpms. Im to the point to think I might have damaged the engine, if so, what kind of damage I will have to look for? bent piston rods? damaged compression springs? I think if the engine is damaged the damage should not be too much because the engine revs with full force and idles for a few minutes, so what do you think guys??? any suggestions are welcome at this point! Im running out of ammo! Also the carbs were professionaly rebuilt not so long ago so I dont think that can be the problem. Many thanks in advance! Harry Vega

How long was the bike parked before you tried to start it?

1.5k - 2k RPM is the point when the vacuum diaphram starts to raise the needle, so what I hear you saying is that the smaller passages that handle the idle circuit are blocked or not functioning as expected (unable to keep the bike running).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Bike has not been idle for more than 1 week

it was idle for no more than 2 weeks, also I forgot to mention that i checked for a good spark on all 4 plugs, and that was ok. Im tempted to perform a compression test on the engine just to see how the compression is.

Comment

Did you take the carbs apart and clean them?
        You could just have 14 years of junk in there..

Check out Carbs 101

Comment

Carbs are ok!

Carbs were rebuilt not so long ago, just in case iI took apart the float housings and looked very clean.

Comment

So you guys think......

It looks like you guys think that there is no internal damage to the engine, so chances are its either carbs or electrical problems????

Comment

CARBS.

Go to 101 and read through it all.

There will be a test at the end of this

8)
              I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
              Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
              Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

YEEESSSSSSSS ITS CARBS!!!!!!

I followed the instructions on carbs 101 and that fixed up the problem! Now running nice! Thanks a bunch to you all guys!

Comment

Working...
                X