X

Friend's Kat stolen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend's Kat stolen

My friend's 2005 Blue/white Kat 600 was stolen a couple days ago, from North Charleston SC. Keep an eye out for any shadey sellings, and the handlebars were locked, so watch out for any with broken locks or something
    Thanks
    Kidd
    Live and Lean.
    When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    Romans 3:23

Damn that sucks! Hope he gets it back with min damage.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the bad news. I hope he has insurance to cover the loss in case the bike isn't recovered.
      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

that is a sick person that steals one kat

Comment

Originally posted by letsride
          that is a sick person that steals one kat
          I agree with all the GSXR's, R6's & R1's, ZX##RR's, etc...Why would you risk stealing a Kat...that's just wrong and bad business....
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

what comes around, goes around... they will eventually get what's coming to them[img] 8)
            hope your buddy gets his bike back with min damage....
            did he have any other kind of security besides the ignition/steering lock?[/img]
            One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

I'm not sure, he was such a great guy too.
              His insurance company screwed him over so he got a ticket for uninsured driving, and that couldn't come off of his record EVEN though he was insured at the time. The company just randomly cancelled coverage on him but let him keep paying and gave him invalid cards.
              If it wasn't for bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.
              He's still in fair spirits about everything, so we all feel bad for the guy.

Kidd
              Live and Lean.
              When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
              "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
              Romans 3:23

Comment

Bike Thieves suck, they should all be strung up and beaten within an inch of their life and then dragged behind a bike for a few hundred yards !

I hope all our fellow katriders will keep an eye out if you're in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
                  I'm not sure, he was such a great guy too.
                  His insurance company screwed him over so he got a ticket for uninsured driving, and that couldn't come off of his record EVEN though he was insured at the time. The company just randomly cancelled coverage on him but let him keep paying and gave him invalid cards.
                  If it wasn't for bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.
                  He's still in fair spirits about everything, so we all feel bad for the guy.

Kidd
                  if he would have taken that ticket to court with proof that he had valid insurance at the time the ticket was issued, i guarantee the magistrate would have ruled in his favor!

As for the insurance company, i would let the insurance agent know that a complaint to the departement of professional regulation would be forthcoming unless the insurance issue is resolved. pronto!
                  One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

sorry to hear the news bro. I hope your buddy gets hit bike back, and that the thief gets whats coming to him!!
                    You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

Man this just ticks me off to no end. Thieves are the lowest people on the earth. Hopefully everyone around that area can help keep an eye out for it. We should find the guy and give him a nice Kat Riders beat down...he would never even look at another bike again.

I know this is kinda off topic but my friend when he was younger had a nice Haro bmx bike that he rode to walmart in east york and parked out front. He came out and it was gone so he started walking back home. He walked past the local salvation army and saw a bike sitting out front so he went up closer to check it out. As he got closer he noticed it was the exact same bike. He flipped it upside down to check and see if it had his name eched onto the bottom which it did so he rode it up the street a little ways and waited for the thief to come out. Sure enough a man came out and started looking around for the bike. My friend yelled "yea I stole my bike back motherf&^ker" and the thief started running towards him and my friend just rode off. I think its hillarious when they get what they have coming to them!

Comment

I'm sure there's less than a 1% chance this is the bike but I did recall this guy selling a blue & white 2005 Kat in the DC area below book value. Meh, I almost hestitate to post this because I'm positive it's unrelated, but on the slim, slim chance that it is, I'm doing my part.

To answer the question above - maybe you'd risk stealing a Katana if you had replacement Katana ignition & fuel locks lying around. Then the only thing to worry about would be dropping it while the wheel is locked and changing the appearance a little bit before selling it. So yeah, I have the slightest shadow of a suspicion about this ad:

(It's been pointed out that this guy has the title, so link removed.)

Again, I'm SURE it's nothing, but it might be worth a phone call.
                        former dc beltway daily commuter

Comment

you know there is still a law here in texas that you can shoot somone that steels cattle(livestock).i wonder if a kat would fall under livestock?i wish him the best.they stole my 600 92 ninja 10 years ago.i got it back a week latter in a box after the cops did a drug bust and found it in the house.took him to court and won.

Comment

I would say the chance of finding the bike in one pice is prity slim, I would guess that you might find it on ebay 1 pice at a time. Easyer to part it out and more money in parts if there is no paper work to go with the bike.

I also feel sorry for your buddy..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

That owner has a title with that bike so I highley doubt that is the one

Comment

Working...
                              X