X

What do you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

I'm trying to decide which exhaust i want to order. The D&D and the Vance & Hines are the two that I've narrowed it down to, mostly because of the price. I like the look of the black D&D can, but I've heard that they are just too darn loud. What do you guys think?
    D&D Show and Go
    0%
    Vance & Hines SS2-R
    0%
    - Bakken (Bah-Kin)

-----------------------------------------------------

D&D'S are extremly loud. Just ask most of the people on here if what they think although they probably can't even hear the exhaust anymore because they lost their hearing.

Comment

Well, I'll probably be the only one to recommend D&D. It's loud, but not overly loud. Plenty loud enough to get the attention of cars...

I think it may also depend on where you live. Where I am the roads are generally totally flat and wide (multiple lanes) so there is no "echo" effect. If I lived in the hills or an area with a lot of tall buildings I might not like the D&D. It's definitely one of the exhausts you either love or hate. I love it .

Don't worry Mac, I wear hearing protection .
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

why not a scorpion or willeyco or yoshi or akrapovic ???

Comment

Don't worry Mac, I wear hearing protection
          Good for you I need to start wearing mine because cruising at highway speeds at 65 mph at 6,ooo rpm hurts your ears after awhile

Comment

I voted V&H because I do not like the sound of the D&D. I like my Yosh pipe.

Comment

i vote d and d because i have one and love it. the reason all these others dont like it, is why i do. the loudness, especially in the city, lets people know that i am there, even if they cant see me.

Comment

get the d&d it sounds sweet at about 7000 rpm's

Comment

Getting a D&D full exhaust here. Probably won't have it on for a few weeks though (gotta' order the Ivan's kit and a K&N to do all at the same time). Bet it sounds killer afterwards though.
                  ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                  Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

D&D

Comment

D&D. Be loud and proud. Just remember to wear ear plugs.
                      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Sin
                        why not a scorpion or willeyco or yoshi or akrapovic ???
                        ...with so many why limit to only two...Something must be wrong with me I agree with Sin...Oh boy....
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
                          Don't worry Mac, I wear hearing protection
                          Good for you I need to start wearing mine because cruising at highway speeds at 65 mph at 6,ooo rpm hurts your ears after awhile
                          Ive got an extra pair laying around somewhere that I'll try and hook you and sarah up with next time we ride. You'll notice a world of difference and you wont come back with an earache

I'd go with the V&H exhaust over the D&D in a heartbeat, but thats my personal opinion.

Comment

Doesn't matter what exhaust you have...ALWAYS WEAR EARPLUGS.

Comment

D&D BLOWS! What a POS!
                              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
                              X