X

Hello from a Newbie (with pics)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a Newbie (with pics)

Ok I've been a long time lurker, and finally decided I would make my first post. I have been riding for about 6 months now, and I have come to love my Kat. There's alot of great information on this site, and you guys seem to be great at helping people. Here are some pics of my 93 Kat 600,with my new carbon fiber mirrors. let me know what you guys think.
    Attached Files

sweet pre98! how do you like those mirrors?

Long Live the D

Comment

Nice looking ride man! Another '93 600 on here!

Love the pre-98's!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

looks like MD86's....but NICE.

Mirrors are a HUGE improvement

Comment

Yeah those mirrors are sweet ! Good lookin Kat

Comment

Yeah i like the improvements the mirrors gave to the look of the front end. Little smaller than stock so they take some getting used to. Thanks for the nice remarks about my bike.

Comment

Those mirrors look great. Ebay had an ad for some stating they would fit my 01. I wonder?
              Demon...Taste like chicken!

Comment

Ebay is where i got mine, the ad stated for 88-06 took some modifying to the mirrors to make them fit in the stock location but i think its worth it.

Comment

What type of mods did it take...I like that look and thinking of getting a set..
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

The base of the mirrors are rectangular and won't sit flush or line up with the bolt holes. Also the base of the mirrors are slotted so u can move the bolts up and down to line up with the bolt holes, but this means the head of the bolt that comes with the mirrors fits into the slot and has a nut to tighten up. So i had to drill out the stock mirror holes so the bolt would go through and i could get the nut on the back. I also used a band saw (but a grider or sander would work) to round and cut some of the base so that it would fit into the fairing and line up with the stock mirror holes.

Hope that explains it
                    a lot easier to do than explain it

Comment

Nice Kat....hope you enjoy and be safe!

Comment

Welcome, The mirrors look nice with the smoke windscreen.
                        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Nice mines a 93 too,,gotta love the old!!again nice bike..nice job on the mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                            looks like MD86's....but NICE.

Mirrors are a HUGE improvement
                            Um , no it doesn't . See , mines a 750 so different seat , got a different screen (mine's blue) , got some bits painted black (heel gaurds and swingarm) , got bags , got a Corbin , and a Yosh pipe . About all that's the same is the color , and the fact that it's not a sucky 98+ . Oh yeah , and I don't have those tiny mirrors .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

just curious, what brand are they? i really like them. always disliked the stock ones. hate to copy other people, but that really does make a big difference. think you are going to be a trend setter.

Comment

Working...
                              X