Katana of the Month - October 2007  SEQX34

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Gearing Up

Gearing Up If your going to ride you need good gear!
Tell us what you've got and find out what others are wearing.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #11
Mrontime
Katrider

Thanks for the excellent reccomendation. I was seeing the avg helmets the other day on some racers on the real road racing on cbs sports.... man im addicted to it. I think the 15 min try on rule is a good one, i read someome say that in a post and it makes alot of sense. Thanks again, i will make sure to try these out. Think im going to go trying different ones on this weekend.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #12
Kreylyn
Kat King

eBay ID: Kreylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrontime View Post
Thanks for the excellent reccomendation. I was seeing the avg helmets the other day on some racers on the real road racing on cbs sports.... man im addicted to it. I think the 15 min try on rule is a good one, i read someome say that in a post and it makes alot of sense. Thanks again, i will make sure to try these out. Think im going to go trying different ones on this weekend.
My one piece of advice on a helmet... Check the size of padding vs shell size. If the helmet only has one shell shape, and they are matching your head size by a smaller shell and thin padding, you run a good risk of a pressure headache from the shell not matching up to your head shape. That's not going to be apparent in the first 15 mins.

You can always replace or add foam if it starts to loosen up on a larger size shell, but you can't reshape the shell... so if it's causing pressure, your stuck with that.

That's the draw to some of the higher priced helmets. They have not only sized shells, but different internal shapes as well for head types.

Krey

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"
Kreylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:08 PM   #13
Mrontime
Katrider

I think that exact reason may be why i hated my previous expensive helmet. I bought it as an afterthought, mostly because it had ghost flames and the cool sping operated flip up visor and half face, but it hurt behind my temples after about a 30 min ride the few times i tried it. Where is a good place to find quality helmets in a decent selection that i can actually try on besides a dealership thats gonna wanna sell me a bike....
Mrontime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #14
shpielers
Kat Legend

Cyclegear if they are in your area

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles
shpielers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #15
Mrontime
Katrider

Thanks ill check around to see if there is one semi close by. Im inbetween austin and houston so usually a medium or large chain store is easily found.

I got my jacket in today! Holy crap its badass, i never had an armored jacket before. Fit was perfect and its like brand new, not one scuff or stain.... thats my job
Old 08-12-2017, 04:13 PM   #16
shpielers
Kat Legend

Lol well hopefully no scuffs. At least from pavement.
Good fitting gear is super comfy. I can walk around with my jacket on for hours and not notice it one bit.(unless it's 100...)
Old 08-12-2017, 05:40 PM   #17
Mrontime
Katrider

its brand new, i was worried buying it online but its awesome
Old 09-05-2017, 07:10 AM   #18
Mrontime
Katrider

Got my second peice of gear ordered. I got an arai rx7 corsair harada helmet. I just wanted a quality lid, if im gonna wear a helmet i wanna want to wear it. And this is worthy of wanting to show off even if its hot.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:41 PM   #19
rperry03
Poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpielers View Post
Cyclegear if they are in your area
I have a cycle gear approx 25miles from me and was surprised at how competitive they were, some of the parts were pricey.

Nice looking jacket. I'm more of a blue and white and loved my old one. I had the matching pants too

Last edited by rperry03; 09-05-2017 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
rperry03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:36 AM   #20
shpielers
Kat Legend

Good helmet, nice choice to protect the ol noggin
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Gearing Up