X

1995 Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Katana 600

Not the best pic but I will get one outside this weekend. Great riding weather coming up.
    Attached Files

Sharp bike!
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

The White Knight!

Why is the kickstand on the block?
      Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
      Ride: 2002 750F Kat
      "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

Im not sure if its about wore out but it seems to have a lot movement at the pivot point and leans the bike over very far. Ive had it without the block before but when I have it in the garage for storage I put it up on the block just for a lil safety.

Comment

Mine seems to lean over, farther than expected, as well-- i carry a small 4"x4" square of 1/2" plywood with me, under the seat. It isn't that I worry it will fall while parked on cement, but hot asphalt has a way of... "quicksanding." I've seen bikes fall over.

Center stand fell prey to the V&H 4 into1 header.
          sigpic
          '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

Replacing the washer with a thicker one is the simple fix.

The washer should be located inside the Y of the top of the kickstand. When you bolt it down, the bolt pinches the Y closed on the washer and frame. The washer is there to reduce wear on the frame/kickstand.

It will wear... and get thinner with use.

I normally start with a regular washer thickness, and use a belt sander to make it thinner until it's the right thickness I want with out freazing up the kickstand movement when the bolt is tight.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I will try that. Thanks. It will be better than a block of wood.

Comment

Good info, any picture of how the washer should look when sanded down?

Comment

Originally posted by konigralph View Post
                  Good info, any picture of how the washer should look when sanded down?

Flat.

I don't think I have pics. It's just a matter of making it thiner to fit the specification for your specific needs.

On avg, most are going to start around 1-1.5mm thick. You probably need it around .5-.25mm thick. A sanding belt is a simple way to get a flat washer thinner if you don't have a source of metal shims. Start out with the center hole the right size for the shoulder of the bolt though.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                  X