X

Reflective Wheel Tape

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflective Wheel Tape

No close-ups, 'cause it was not a pro job.

But still came out OK.

PROGRIP with applicator , off Ebay.

Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
    Ride: 2002 750F Kat
    "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

looks good mate. gives it an extra bling
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Thanks. If anyone else tries this, even with applicator it is still abit tricky. The finger-behind-the-applicator trick definitely helps guide the tape on.
      Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
      Ride: 2002 750F Kat
      "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

I did mine with out an applicator, came out well. Very eye catching at night, its good and bad. Police Here dont care much for it

Comment

I like the red on black it looks good.
          It is amazing how tough the police can be in some places. I understand some of the lighting not being emergency colors from front or behind but give us a break on what bikes look like from the side. Oops, a car slowed down as it was coming towards you and almost got rear ended but if you get t boned because it was hard to see all you get is "see, I told you motorcycles were dangerous!". How about helping us help ourselves to live another day. I try not to ride after dark but I think this is something I will be doing this spring. Blue Kat with blue on grey rim stripes.

Comment

He thought I had tire valve lights, which are illegal here. After he realized he apologized,said it was a good idea, but still distracting and might cause someone to take their focus off the road

Comment

no it will take their focus off their radio or cell phone an put it on you! FTP!
              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I'm trying to come together with some "stylish" solutions to being more visible on the road - and this looks GREAT!

Now - what colour would go well against my gold/brass/whatever rims (see attached file)?

Does anyone have some tips of other _stylish_ solutions to being visible? For example; a reflective vest is not an option (I know, im such a child).
                (Yeah i know the miniblinkers aren't exactly a smart solution if you want to be visible - but they were on there when i bought it..)
                Attached Files

Comment

I did black reflective tape on my black Bandit wheels
                  Doesn't stick out during the day but shows up at night
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

+1 for black on black!

Comment

my rims are taped and my graphics are reflective, CHP cleared it, doesn't hurt that they are my customers either. all they required was the proper reflectors installed with the additional reflective material.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

looks good. Any tips on how to remove old tape to install a different color

Comment

Off the wheel? Hair drier and a plastic scraper. May just peel off when heated.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                          X