X

Ex Kat owner saves the gixxer...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Kat owner saves the gixxer...

I went wide on this corner to set up for the pass in the next corner but hit some slippery stuff at the end of the drag strip. I managed to save the low-side by using my hand to push down on the pavement and help the bike recover.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfypHpYvllA"]Almost Down - YouTube[/nomedia]
    sigpic"Ya hafta stop to get a drink once in a while" - WalkRunRide.

Jeez that was a pretty good slip there.

I'm amazed, I almost never see a hand truly save it, and even moreso when at risk on the right side of the bike. Chopping the throttle and getting a hand down is only natural no doubt but It's rare that the lack of throttle and a pushing hand saves it.

Chalk that one up to bad luck for the slippery stuff, good reaction but alot of either skill or experience and a dash of good luck for the actual save. Nicely done.
    - Purplehaze
    All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Great save!........... it might be tough trying to buy just one glove, though.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Nicely done!
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

What a nice Holiday Miracle.. Damn that worked out in your favor.

Comment

Very impresive! you must have the Christmas charm on your side. Glad you didnt go down!
            sigpic
            "Teaching boys to bake cakes? That's no way to maintain an industrial empire."

Comment

Not tryin to be a dick but why not use your leg? I would never take my hand off the bars in that situation.
              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

would be better to watch at normal speed
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                  Not tryin to be a dick but why not use your leg? I would never take my hand off the bars in that situation.

Here's what happened when I tried to use my leg instead...I thought to myself, I really should not chop the throttle like last time, so I pushed down with my knee (should have used my elbow instead, it was touching too)...the leg push just acted like a fulcrum and the wheel let go of the pavement.

sigpic"Ya hafta stop to get a drink once in a while" - WalkRunRide.

Comment

Interesting... when you do your videos show it first in normal speed then in slow motion please

That was definitely a moment when your butt was clinched so tight it ate your underwear lol.

It proves your move worked for that situation but it was literally the absolute wrong thing to do lol... but it worked and saved your butt... kinda like when somebody is shot and the bible they carry caught the bullet... If they ever get shot again the odds are not in their favor the bible will stop it or that it will even hit the bible.

Awesome video!! Nice moves!!

I've done quite a few things over the years that... "Felt right" at the time and it worked... this was one of those situations.
                    You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

Comment

Working...
                    X