X

Ebay shorty pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay shorty pipe

There was an old thread on this topic that went way long and way off topic. For anyone interested in the $50-70 shorty pipe on ebay.

Anyway, here are all the vids about it including a new one for 1st through 3rd gear. I have a nice straight away behind my house (1/3 mile straight road that goes to an elementary school and has barbed wire fence on both sides of the road, and cows on one side houses on the other).

Keep in mind my phone does not capture the deepness as much as the real thing.

Without baffle (way too loud, I actually swapped back to stock same day)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDOrulcDkw"]YouTube - Katana short exhaust idle[/ame]

Idle and rev with baffle (it really isn't TOO loud, very bearable, but still loud)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dosQc4mmW8s"]YouTube - With baffle[/ame]

1st - 3rd gear:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Kaujbqjok"]YouTube - Shorty Exhaust Katana 600 0-100mph[/ame]

i have try it and besides been so loud it take away at the top end , when u ride in 5th and 6th gear
    LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

Wow, that sounds awful. I'd get my money back.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i'll pass on that one and keep my 18" delkelvic. by the way if you keep it like that your neighbors will HATE you and barbed wire or not the cows will CRAP on your driveway good luck!

Comment

Thanks for going out on a limb and trying this!

If you continue to run the shorty exhaust, will you need to tune the a/f ratio on your bike?

I actually prefer the louder exhausts on bikes, as it gives others more awareness when driving in the city.
          1998 - 600, 1997 - 600

Comment

LOL dont worry about the haters on here...Go outside the can with your tuna. sounds great!
            sigpicTrust me I know everything! Just ask!

Comment

horrible exhaust...i have one, bought it for tuning and testing perposes...not good at all...

it actually can off the bike while riding!
              03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
              04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
              08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
              10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
              05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Not sure if this the same one on my wife's 600 ( can't watch vids on dial up) but it's been jetted (and geared too) and doesn't sound bad at idle or reving or going down the road for that matter BUT not sure how the po po would think about it. Runs at higher RPM going down the road due to the gearing. Kinda loud in town. Makes me nervous. Probably will get changed back to stock or after market can.
                sigpic
                Sometimes life throws you a few curves...lean with it ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Krusher View Post
                  ( can't watch vids on dial up)
                  Holy crap, dial up still exists?
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    dito
                    "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                    2004 marauder 800

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
                      dito
                      Unfortunately yes but only temporarily for me. Its about like driving a ferari for years (DSL) then having to drive a Yugo (dial up)!
                      Oh and the drag pipe went bye bye today! sounds better and you can actually hear the engine running!
                      sigpic
                      Sometimes life throws you a few curves...lean with it ! !

Comment

A little too loud for me or should I say my neighbors.
                        "Emini's are the future"

Comment

Working...
                        X