moded muffler, what do i need now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moded muffler, what do i need now?

fdgssfdg
    Last edited by Celeste1311; 08-04-2012, 05:49 PM.

You may have to drill out the EPA caps covering the screws .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yep if its a cali bike. mine has them too there just little brass plugs in there. there easy enough to take out take a deill and slowy take them out. sont go to deep or you could screw up the screws or worse go through them!!!!!!!!!
      time to nut up or shut up
      Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
      The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

i live in florida so i dont think i have the caps, im not sure, but what do you think about going one full turn out? just since i have an open can for a muffler

Comment

i have everything apart now and i do not know where the a/f screws are?!?!!?!? on the bottom where the brass caps? the smaller ones or the bigger ones??

Comment

Yikes! look at carb 101 before you hit it with a drill!

Download the attached PDF file. it has great pics.

It's the outermost brass plugs.
            In the pictures he has the plugs drilled out already.But they are the holes with the black sharpie line on them outside the float bowl.
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
            Black painted seat and rear trim,
            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

i took a chance and i drilled the right ones and went .5 turns out and runs great! no more popping, i think im right there now

Comment

My Kat has a the can gutted too and my screws are at 4.5 out for it to be happy... I thought that was weird but i tried them at 4.25 and 4.75 and everything under that and she only liked 4.5. I guess its all about what the engine likes.. There are a lot of variables involved with how many turns out its supposed to be... Just see what she likes and if .5 out works then sweet! Im puttin a stock exhaust (not gutted) back on my bike (got it on flea bay for 50 shipped!) because i think the gas mileage is suffering with 4.5 turns out... But thats just me. How do you like the sound now?
                -Noe-
                2000 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                X