X

beauty is skin deep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beauty is skin deep

sportbike, motorcycle, Vinyl, wraps, decals, graphics, sport bike, designs, themes, sticker kits, bikeskins, Vaporlock, cruisers, baggers, custom, real flames

i found tihs dood on craigs list, might jus do this instead of paint
    sigpic "never ride without all the proper gear"

I thought about bikeskinz but i wanted to see it on somebody elses bike before i forked out the money so if you get it tell us how it is

Comment

Lame...

But way easier than trying to paint it yourself.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I'm diggin the Python Tribal

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

The price doesn't seem that bad. Whenever I paint a bike I probably spend around $150-200 in materials to do it myself, plus hours and hours of preptime and work. If I could slap on some fancy decals over a weekend for $400, that might be worth it.

I'd really want to see them in person first though. Who knows if the finish/gloss will look half decent or not. It might end up looking like...well...a big sticker.

Comment

I'd buy one for my '93, but not for the 2001. Newer kats have too many rounded edges and I'm not so sure it would work well.
            Plus to just try it for $400 seems like a waste of cash if it turns out crappy.
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Curves are a PITA even with a computer cut contoured wrap. Unless you have done it before or have extreme patience buy the wrap, take it to a vinyl shop that guarantees their work and have them install it.

Finish should look decent. My main concern would be vinyl doesn't take wear and tear that well. You're going to cover right over the spots where your body makes contact with the bike. I'm curious to see what that would look like after a season or three.

Vinyl's only good for about 5yrs on a car before it needs replacing. I've had to do the front bumper and hood again after only 3yrs from rock strikes. I'm wondering what the life span would be installed on a bike with it's unique rider based wear and tear on the material.

Comment

sportbike, motorcycle, Vinyl, wraps, decals, graphics, sport bike, designs, themes, sticker kits, bikeskins, Vaporlock, cruisers, baggers, custom, real flames

its not vinyl at al its "3m gloss laminate"
                3m gives it a 3 yr warranty against & peeling fading this answers all the Qs about finish and durability, even has a couple videos
                sigpic "never ride without all the proper gear"

Comment

Almost all good "vinyl" shops that print graphics for auto install put the 3m product on now days. That was what I was talking about and have installed on my vehicles. Not warrantied against rock strikes or say your knee wearing into it.

It's really not that hard to get off later with a heat gun. I keep buying and having it installed, just have to realize what it is and isn't.

Comment

I don't even know what to say about this. might look ok and all, but all I can think of is the nightmare of removing it all if I ever decided to repaint or something. and that alone is enough for me to say, "no thanks, not for me".
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Not for me, I think that most of these wraps(for cars or bikes) are too loud, too much going on. I like more simple designs, but hey, thats just my opinion!

Comment

Bike decals

Originally posted by muddyman184 View Post
                        I thought about bikeskinz but i wanted to see it on somebody elses bike before i forked out the money so if you get it tell us how it is
                        You can see a few different ones here, I think you will like alot of 'em and their pretty cheap:

Last edited by slim68; 07-03-2010, 07:47 PM. Reason: add on
                        Sliminator

Comment

some of those look awesome

Comment

That is outstanding! WOW
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                            Black painted seat and rear trim,
                            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in the process of starting some mods so I'm going to have to wait on any paint so I may end up with one of those in the meantime. Another KR member is going to mod my swingarm so I'll be spending too much right now if I did my paint at the same time.
                              Sliminator

Comment

Working...
                              X