Katana of the Month - November 2007  teddy

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Gearing Up

Gearing Up If your going to ride you need good gear!
Tell us what you've got and find out what others are wearing.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #11
IanDMacDonald
Katrider

My boss has a Joe Rocket ballistic jacket, and loves it! I have a Tourmaster Transition II jacket and love it until Fall, then I use my Olympia cordura 3/4 length coat, and love it!
Old 07-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #12
astevens54
Kat Daddy

I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion Jacket and am very pleased with it. Leather is not Florida during the summer IMO. The jacket has a water proof liner and a vest for cooler weather. Also it has high reflectivity at night. Check out the link: http://joerocket.com/catalog/index.c...on_Mesh_Jacket I got the murdered out version.

astevens54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:30 AM   #13
Nicolas
Skid Mark

Joe Rocket is one off the most trust worth brand for the motorcycle riders. There are few things i have to sum up motorcycle riders are confused about.
When it comes to the motorcycle safety i don't think so there is any other better option other then motorcycle leather jacket fully equipped with the armors.
A Good mesh jacket can also provide you protection during ride but not upto the level of leather jacket and same happens in the case of textile jackets.
So don't mixed up the things and try to wear the best avaible options suits to your riding condition.
A track rider can't continue safe ride with textile jackets vice versa a long distance rider is not be comfortable with the Leather jacket as much as it is with textile.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:51 AM   #14
katanarider
Kat Daddy

I can wear my leather all day, hours upon hours as long as there is wind through it !
Mine has a mesh liner, sealed/colored leather.
I think it depends on the color you have. Dark colors hold heat/absorb sun light.
Mine is white and blue. Don't get me wrong, 90+ degrees is hot reguardless even if you have a tee shirt.

Last edited by katanarider; 07-06-2015 at 09:08 AM..
katanarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #15
kbotk89
Squid

my joe rocket UFO jacket came with a removable waterproof lining. so I can use it most of the year. Im only riding in town. doesn't go well with my current rider (a 250cc) with all the racing factory tags and such but its pretty comfortable, breathe-able, and has the protection. I also like that I can adjust the arm and lower back to snug.
kbotk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #16
FireKit
Rookie

I have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and it is perfect for LA heat. definitely not for cool mornings, but add the temp goes up, it's perfect.
FireKit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Gearing Up