X

Friend's Kat stolen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZukiFred
    I would say the chance of finding the bike in one pice is prity slim, I would guess that you might find it on ebay 1 pice at a time. Easyer to part it out and more money in parts if there is no paper work to go with the bike.

I also feel sorry for your buddy..
    +1

But not one part at a time -- the whole bike stripped and offered up at once to minimize their exposure. Look for listings that started within 7 days of the theft in either direction (before or after). As I state on my MotorcycleAnchor website, it's not uncommon for theives to pre-list a bike they will steal as a list of parts on eBay, then steal it and part it the same night (the night the auctions end), so the evidence is effectively in the mail in the morning and nothing remains at their place.

Would suggest he print flyers and post them at the local bike shops and auto parts stores... odds are if the person tries to keep it, they'll need wiring and be looking for a new ignition cylinder.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

that sux having the bike stolen. As much as I love my bike it is still a Kat why bother. About the insurance i would go after the company since he was paying and they cancelled it if he had full coverage possibly get it replaced (long shot) If he has the paperwork it should be legit in court. Also I will keep an eye out on e-bay I look at Kat stuff all the time. Good luck.
      "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

that sux having the bike stolen. As much as I love my bike it is still a Kat why bother. About the insurance i would go after the company since he was paying and they cancelled it if he had full coverage possibly get it replaced (long shot) If he has the paperwork it should be legit in court. Also I will keep an eye out on e-bay I look at Kat stuff all the time. Good luck.
        "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

if he has docunentation he should sue the ins. company and get more than a new kat

Comment

That totally sucks man!
            I hope you get it back!

Comment

SCUMBAGS!!!!probably a junkie or crackhead...will be dead soon...hopefully...no respect for the working man....and his Kat...

Comment

yeah, Alan is fighting the insurance company about this, has been for awhile, then it got stolen
                will update when I get one
                Live and Lean.
                When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                Romans 3:23

Comment

Working...
                X