jet kits?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet kits?

Dumb question.

What is the difference between a Dynojet Stage 1 kit and a Stage 3 kit? What exactly comes in the kit? I'm looking on DennisKirk and the picture also shows a couple of drill bits. For what?

Thanks

the main jets are bigger on stage 3, thats the main difference.

Comment

Drill bits are to drill out the bass cap over the A/F screw most likely.
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

+1000

Comment

Theres also a tap included to modify the slides to put restrictors in, as well as (4 of each size) 6 different jet sizes, along with the needles and e-clips. The drill bit as Reconstyle said are to remove the brass plugs over the A/f screws. Only time you will use stage three is if you have K & N pods <Wicked bad idea> Stage one is what you use if you have stock air filter/airbox with full aftermarket exhaust.
          Edit:Oh yeah, One other thing that comes in the kit, I just remembered. The sheet metal screw you need to screw into the Brass EPA plugs so you can yank them out.

BTW. No question is stupid. Its how everyone who reads the posts later on learns also
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

i have a V&H slip-on and thought i was doing good to the bike by putting on a K&N air filter which turns out to require a jet kit. the shop that put the jet kit in says they cant tune the backfiring out of the exhaust on decel, which i wouldnt mind but everyone else is yelling that i'm going to burn up my plugs and valves and i should have stuck with the factory filter and an ivans jet kit. i never wanted a jet kit! i just wanted to keep my K&N filter which is the only reason i had a jet kit installed in the first place. this is turning out to be the biggest p.i.a. i've ever had with the bike and i just want the darn thing to run right.. . . any suggestions?

Comment

I have a suggestion, lose the K&N, it sucks large farm animals.
              Any shop that can't tune an after fire, not backfire, is completely retarded. That is caused by running lean, richening up the pilot screws will fix that right away. Why would you think you were doing your bike a favor by installing K&N, I realize a lot of people don't know they are a terrible filter on Katana's, but a quick search here should tell you they suck.
              Last edited by arsenic; 10-17-2007, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Yep I agree with Chris! I took mine out.
                Ex 1989 Katana owner, he waz a BEAST!

Comment

because k&n's are better in just about every OTHER application. i was in the bike shop looking at filters and saw that stock filters were $79 and million mile filters were $89 so i went with the one i could just clean, rather than replace. i didnt realize that the k&n would provide THAT much more airflow, or how sensitive these motors are.
                  so, there's no way to tune the engine with the k&n on it? even with a jet kit? if i dump the k&n, what good will the jet kit do then? i only did the jet kit to balance the filter and slip-on pipe, wont i swing to too rich?

Comment

not if the shop has half a brain cell and can tune your carbs right.
                    Were on earth did you see an OEM filter for $79? A member here sells them for $33 + shipping.
                    Last edited by arsenic; 10-17-2007, 11:22 PM.

Comment

The K&N works fine in my bike. The kit comes with 2 adapters to put in the intake hole. Have you tried the one marked for stock bike? It has a very small opening to restrict the airflow. I am running the next size up as my bike has been jetted. You could also run it wide open for other applications such as track time. My bike wouldn't hardly run with the stock filter in it, so that is why I trashed it.

Comment

Why would you want to put restrictors in the slide. I imagine you are referring to the two holes in the slide on either side of the needle?
                        1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
                        1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Woah, what with that pic in my post? Maybe a problem with the new board?
                          1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
                          1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

JD,

Dj kits have restrictors that are supposed to be installed on the slides <yep, near the needle..either side> If the bikes going to be riden hard, they tell you to leave one off. Its how mine are set, Just one since I ride it like its stolen most of the time.

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

As for the pictures.. At least they were of a Suzuki and not a moped <g>

Comment

Working...
                              X