No announcement yet.
X

Ebay Radiant Cycles moto gp pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop or gargle..A/F screws should be at 2.5 turns out.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Good to know. She idles very smoothly though so I'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by rtebbetts1 View Post
        Good to know. She idles very smoothly though so I'm good.
        Will one of these fit my 95 kat 600? It says its for post 98 kats on ebay but shouldn't it just bolt on the same?

Comment

They state the post fittment only because it is 4-1 exhaust as stock. If you have a 4-1 exhaust is should come real close. Not every 4-1 header terminates the same so, some minor issues could arise
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            They state the post fittment only because it is 4-1 exhaust as stock. If you have a 4-1 exhaust is should come real close. Not every 4-1 header terminates the same so, some minor issues could arise
            Its basically based on diameter? my header is 4-1 and looks like the diameter is just under 2 inches. maybe 1.75 inches where my slip on exhaust attaches now

Comment

I don't thinks so, most headers are the same diameter exit give or take so, in falls under slight modification to fit statement I made. The pre is a dual exhaust bike and listed as such. Post is a single exhaust bike and listed as such.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

I don't thinks so, most headers are the same diameter exit give or take so, in falls under slight modification to fit statement I made. The pre is a dual exhaust bike and listed as such. Post is a single exhaust bike and listed as such.
                The pre 98 kat 600 is a dual exhaust? Mine has 4 header pipes coming together and joining more towards the right side of the bike for a side exhaust pipe. Maybe all modded?

Comment

All pre bike were dual exhaust. You most likely have a aftermarket 4-1 system
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

So I got my shorty muffler in today and it's slightly too big of a diameter. It doesn't fit nicely on the current header end pipe and I believe it my be too big of a difference to cut and clamp on the muffler. Any ideas? Maybe 1.5mm difference

Comment

Originally posted by nick21861 View Post
                      So I got my shorty muffler in today and it's slightly too big of a diameter. It doesn't fit nicely on the current header end pipe and I believe it my be too big of a difference to cut and clamp on the muffler. Any ideas? Maybe 1.5mm difference
                      Acquire some sheet metal and cut a 2" wide strip. Bend it around the pipe, butted ends. You want them tight, so cut it long, and trim to fit so no gap.

If your total size differnce in pipe is 1.5mm, then use .75mm thick sheet metal.

Put that on the end of the exhaust pipe, and clamp the new muffler on it.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        Acquire some sheet metal and cut a 2" wide strip. Bend it around the pipe, butted ends. You want them tight, so cut it long, and trim to fit so no gap.

If your total size differnce in pipe is 1.5mm, then use .75mm thick sheet metal.

Put that on the end of the exhaust pipe, and clamp the new muffler on it.

Krey
                        Okay thanks. Would foil tape work also? Wrap it around until it builds up some layers?

Comment

I think Krey has the right idea here::
                          If your wanting to use foil tape I can see that shorty exhaust you bought
                          becoming a shorty FLAT exhaust once it falls off and a transport truck runs over it/

Comment

Originally posted by loneraider View Post
                            I think Krey has the right idea here::
                            If your wanting to use foil tape I can see that shorty exhaust you bought
                            becoming a shorty FLAT exhaust once it falls off and a transport truck runs over it/
                            Haha I was saying put foil tape around the header pipe sticking out to make it thicker so the shorty fits on tighter. Not actuslly tape it on lmao

Comment

A muffler shop could make an adapter pipe
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

A muffler shop could make an adapter pipe
                                How much do you think that'll cost?

Comment

Working...
                                X