No announcement yet.
X

No turn signals or running lights but horn, headlights, taillights, dash works

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No turn signals or running lights but horn, headlights, taillights, dash works

So as it says I have no turn signals. Can't get them to come on at all, even just with key on. Everything worked fine until I got a flat rear tire in the middle of nowhere and had to ride another 5 miles to nearest gas station. I turned on my 4 ways and all was good. About 3 miles down the road they all quit working. I have checked fuses by the battery, and all 4 lights. If they came on but didn't blink I would check the relay. They are supposed to be illuminated at all times with key on and blink when the switch is used. Nothing at all from any of them though. Any suggestions?

Bad relay. The light stay on, a second, brighter circuit flashes. Lost ground, lost power from the ignition switch....... We can't diagnose an electrical problem without some leg work from you. Check power to them. Use a schematic and follow the flow to the running light circuit.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It's not a relay because the lights dont even power on. All 4 have power to the bulbs. All the bulbs are good. The 4 way and turn signal switches are on opposite sides. Horn and all other lights work like they are supposed to.

What else do you want me to check?

Comment

Umm, obviously not, the lamp don't light up. Grab the wiring diagram and start tracing from the source forward or the switch back. I would check the switch back. Are you sure the fuses are good? I would grab a ten amp fuse and leap frog the fuse with the new fuse.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Using a voltmeter I have power at all 4 bulbs, which would negate anything from the battery to the bulb correct?

Comment

Are you testing the bulb pins and the bulb neg or the frame?
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

I am testing the lead in on the back of the bulb. I can see the filament in the bulb itself is still good.

Comment

Should be two pins, both are +, 1 is running the other is turn, the - is the socket itself. It has a lead attached to it at the base which feed to the harness - .
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  .... the - is the socket itself. It has a lead attached to it at the base which feed to the harness - .

And that ground is blended in with a few other components to form the secondary ground wire that leads off the battery. Small one, off the negative post. There is a small connector right at the battery and then it goes down to the engine where a case bolt holds it in place.

It's very common for that connector to be the source area... be it the blades inside not contacting well, the connector being damaged, or it just coming apart.

That is where I would check first.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                  X