Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing springs with racetech

I put in my weight and it told me to use:
    FRSP S3534095 RT FRK SPR 34.7x340mm .95kg $109.99

That is the cost for both I assume. Anyone know of a better deal (cough..cough.. Tmod) What else should I replace wjhile in there, fork oil and dust seals? anyhting else?
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    RIP Marc

Terry is the man to talk to. It depends on what you are looking to get out of the machine.

Most people will drop in a set of cartridge emulators as well.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

removed
      Last edited by JayBell; 06-23-2011, 02:04 PM.

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

As Steve pointed out, the mods done to the suspension really depend on what you want to get out of them. I see you already went to RT's site and got the correct spring rate for your weight.

Yes the springs come in a pair, so you buy one set and they cover both forks. So tell me what you are looking to do and I may be able to offer some direction you would need to go to get what you are looking for.

Tmod

Comment

well, I ride on the street, no track. I occaisonaly ride 2 up. I am taking the forks off anyway, so I figured that should be the first suspension mod. I can only afford to do about that much money, cant afford to do emulators too (and dont want to braze anything either). I am 200 lbs, so I would like a little more firm front end mostly. I do like to ride the onramps and occaisonal turn hard where possible (its FL they are few and faw between)
          And until we meet again,
          RIP Marc

Comment

Originally posted by erok011 View Post
            I put in my weight and it told me to use:
            FRSP S3534095 RT FRK SPR 34.7x340mm .95kg $109.99

That is the cost for both I assume. Anyone know of a better deal (cough..cough.. Tmod) What else should I replace wjhile in there, fork oil and dust seals? anyhting else?

If it makes you feel any better, I had to buy 2 plain old torsion springs for my snowmobile for $172, and they were just coiled steel....................
            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

ok, i just ordered the springs. Is there anyway to change fork oil without a special tool to measure the oil?
              And until we meet again,
              RIP Marc

Comment

ok, i just ordered the springs. Is there anyway to change fork oil without a special tool to measure the oil?
                Make a tool using vice grips, some hard brake/fuel line, a piece of rubber hose, and a big syringe.

Clamp the vice grips on the hard line at the right height so that the tip of the hard line would be at the correct fluid level with the vice grips sitting across the top of the fork. Use the rubber line to connect the hard line to the syringe. Now you just overfill the fork slightly, and suck the excess out with the syringe.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Did you use the discount for Katriders.com in the deal section here?

Use a piece of welding rod or some straight thick wire and put a mark on it, Then use that for the height.

Tmod
                  Last edited by Tmod; 03-05-2010, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I'm not trying to steal this thread, but Racetech only offers front suspension parts for post Kats. Is it worth fixing the forks and not the rear suspension? Is the bike's handling noticeably better with just adjusting the forks?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Dylan View Post
                      I'm not trying to steal this thread, but Racetech only offers front suspension parts for post Kats. Is it worth fixing the forks and not the rear suspension? Is the bike's handling noticeably better with just adjusting the forks?
                      Springs are available from Racetech for pre kats as well. It's the same spring for all the 600s, and you choose the year range for the 750.

It's worth fixing the front, but if the rear has not been touched/adjusted at all... the front will definately show up the rear (make it more obvious you need to upgrade it). It's not going to really perform any worse, you just have a better performance from the front and it's obvious.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

See Tmod's thread below. He's been in cahoots with Racetech regarding the rear shock.

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
                        swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
                        Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.
                        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Racetech does offer the G3S shock and they do rebuild the stock 750 post shocks, Could the post 600 be rebuilt? I am sure it could but it is a emulsion shock and you would not get the performance improvement or adjustments that you can get from the post 750 shock. You can also can get any spring you need for all year kats, You just need to know what you need.

If you look at Racetechs site be warned that the spring rate for the rear shocks is incorrect and I have been reminding them that it is incorrect and they need to fix it. Any questions on spring rate for the rear just post up here and I can give you a idea on what will work.

Tmod

Comment

Tmod, hope you see this, lol. When I put these springs in I weighed 205lbs, and i got the 200 lbs spring set. Well, now I'm 175lbs, will it matter much? Will it just make the front end a little stiffer? Should I go on HGH and try to put 25lbs back on?
                            And until we meet again,
                            RIP Marc

Comment

Just take a bit of preload out and you will be fine, It will be a little on the stiff side but nothing that will kill you.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
                              X