X

Pre kat carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre kat carbs

What will work with a pre 600 I've been searching the site and seems like only pre works with no changes or can I get a set of gsxr carbs or is that too different

Pm arsenic. These need rebuilt but good price http://m.ebay.com/itm/1994-katana-60...764?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by 92xjunker; 06-04-2016, 08:40 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by bushido8420 View Post
      works with no changes
      Yeah, about that...just pre carbs.

I believe it is possible to get bandit carbs to work, and probably gsxr carbs to work, but they will require changes. So unless you're really good at jetting and carb tuning, don't.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

On a pre 98 600, GSXR carbs are a no go. You'd have to use BST36SS carbs, a series of the GSXR 750 uses them. 88-89 I think. On a 600, I wouldn't recommend you do that. As far as a Bandit carb swap, never thought about it, it seems pointless.

I don't have a set of pre 98 600 carbs. You are talking 90-97 right? I can rebuild yours. The pre 98 600 set 92xjunker listed, I don't want to do those man. Those like like shit, not interested, don't send me that shit.
        Last edited by arsenic; 06-05-2016, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Yeah those nasy one a re the only ones I've been able to find and apparently mine won't come out thw jets are broken off inside so not worth rebuilding I'm honestly about to just sell the bike and get something newer lol or just go get this parts bike and swap over to gsxr motor and carbs would I need the ecu and harness and such
          Last edited by bushido8420; 06-05-2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

You can use post (98-06) Kat carbs as well.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
              You can use post (98-06) Kat carbs as well.
              Valid point. Although I think the 90-97 carbs are better.

Comment

FYI, punctuation wouldn't hurt.. Your post read like one long sentence
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by bushido8420 View Post
                  Yeah those nasy one a re the only ones I've been able to find and apparently mine won't come out thw jets are broken off inside so not worth rebuilding I'm honestly about to just sell the bike and get something newer lol or just go get this parts bike and swap over to gsxr motor and carbs would I need the ecu and harness and such
                  There's a write up in the wiki about motor swaps and what other parts you do/don't need
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I wish I would have seen this a couple of days sooner. I just gave a buddy my 600 and all of the parts to go with it for giving a hand on finishing up my bike.

Use search tempest.com
                    It searches all of Craigslist and eBay.
                    Type in strings like Suzuki katana parts, Suzuki katana carbs etc.
                    Found my 750 rack for $100 using it. Good luck!
                    Last edited by katman419; 06-07-2016, 02:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                    X