Comment

Kreylyn,
        Where did you buy those stoppers from?
        I invite you to church.

Comment

Originally posted by 600toStart View Post
          Kreylyn,
          Where did you buy those stoppers from?

Lowes, hardware isle... odd items like that are in the drawers.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I printed the picture of the setup and went to Home Depot and they had no idea where I could find them and themselves claimed to not have anything like that.
            Guess I'm off to Lowes.
            Thanks!
            I invite you to church.

Comment

You want to get those from a medical or school supply house.

Comment

when i had my kat i made one (actually two cause it was so cheap and save me time). it was just a single long tube with oil in it. you adjusted the carbs til the oil quit moving in either direction. you had to work quick though or the oil would end up getting sucked into the carbs, which never happened. it doesnt hurt anything at all if it does happen. basically it looked like this, with the red thing being a meter stick and the black being about 3 meters of tubing
                99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
                06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
                06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
                lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

i get both of ur guys ideas and they both sound like they would work good
                  great write up

Comment

I'm working on making one with 4 tubes, all connected at the bottom. Basically the same as the single tube design but to sync all 4 at a time. It will be mounted on a board. Once I get it all done, I'll take some pictures. I haven't completed it yet or tried it.
                    1993 Kat 600 & 1999 Kat 750

Comment

Apparently, Home Depot has stoppers too, just like Lowes. Just thought I'd throw that out there. So if you're told by an employee that they don't have them, they really do have them.
                      I invite you to church.

Comment

Can someone help me out with where I attach the tubes, and what I turn to adjust on the carbs on my pre?

Cheers,
                        Izzy
                        -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                        -My wife

Comment

wait what? Really you have been a member for almost a year and a half and you don't have a manual??

Looking down at the carbs there are the black slide caps. At the 2 o'clock position is a rubber cap covering a tube. There is one on each cap. That is where the tubes for the synch tool go. If you only have two tubes you leave the caps on the other two.

Then you adjust the idle to 1800 rpm.

While the engine is running at 1800 adjust the screws. There are three. One between carbs one and two (left to right) and one between three and four. Those screws adjust one to match two and three to match 4. Finally is the screw between two and three, that one matches two and three (so now all are matched) Be careful not to "push" on the screw, you have to use a light touch, if you push on the screw it will move the butterfly and screw your adjustment up.

Comment

Naw...I've got a manual but no confidence doing anything to carbs. I am a little paranoid of screwing them up. Thanks for the help though.
                            -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                            -My wife

Comment

I made one of these yesterday. Thanks a lot for the pics! Here is a size listing of the materials that are required. May want to add these to your original posting.

Rubber Stops - 1-11/16x1-13/32x1 ($2.49 each at lowes - hardware department)
                              Clear rubber hose - 3/8" x 1/4" ($3.00 for a roll of 10' from lowes - Plumbing department)

The bottles need to be the Starbucks Frappicano ones that you can buy at a convenience store in order for the rubber stops to fit properly. The holes that you drill into the rubber stops need to be 3/8". Spray some lube into the holes of the rubber stops and the hoses will go in very easily. Don't lube the holes and good luck getting the hoses to go in at all! I hope this helps everyone out!

-Jason

Comment

Thanks for that info!!! Def goin to try it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X