X

Diaphram at top of carb is a bit out of round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diaphram at top of carb is a bit out of round

Two of the four diaphrams at the top of my carbs are out of round a bit. Is this a big deal. Four of them are like 50$ so i would like to get away with not replacing them if I can. The bike seems to run fine up top but I am having a problem with the bike not idleing but I dont think these would have anything to do with that.

pics are kinda blurry but you can tell what im talking about, they arent totally circular. The rubber is not torn or anything.

carbs completely torn down
    06' honda 599
    93' katana 600

Don't sweat it. They will form to what you want. You could use some rubber grease / treatment on 'em

Comment

I hope you know you gotta sync those.

Comment

Hey, at least your organized! I wouldn't trust that note, my 4 year old can't read. I see Dora and Barbie hat's ALL over that bench!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Not to jack this thread, but how did you get your slide guides out? I've tried everything short of handgrenades and am obviously missing something.

Comment

im good on the sync

to get the slides off you have to look at where they connect to the choke shaft of each carb. I took em off starting with the cylinder 4 carb and went down the line. sorry not really good at explaining things.
            06' honda 599
            93' katana 600

Comment

The plastic block deal , I'm betting . Here's what you do .....
              get the slide out (the rubber diaphragm deal ) , and the bowl off , and it's better to get the float assembly out of the way so you don't knock it out of adjustment if you miss . Now pay attention to this trick ... Loosen the main jet a couple turns , then whack the jet straight on with a screwdriver , then fully remove the jet . Now that plastic block will slip right out . Otherwise , they can be a REAL PITA to remove .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks MD86. I have taken a ball peen to this bike more in the last two days than I have to any other bike in the last 20 years.

Comment

Looks good to me. If you are going to go that far in a tear down, I'd take the needle jets out of the plastic blocks and dip everything in carb dip.

And actually, everything should be interchangeable unless this is a pre750in which case the main jet for #3 is different.

Don't forget to use anti-seize when you put everything back together. You'll thank me if you have to take them apart again.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                  X