X

fork springs installed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fork springs installed

I was tired of the front end dive in turns and under braking and over all soft feel and near zero frider feedback from the way to soft and low stock front end. I finally got around to to changing the fork springs on my 98 750.

I went with progressive springs... it was pretty strait forward but I played with them a bit. instrutions say 2.5" spacers and 10w oil. first I went 2.75" and 15w belray oil and stock suspension setting on the dampeners. I can tell you this...that was way too still for me and I ride pretty aggressive.
    I went down to 2.5" , Finally I changed the fluid againg so just like the instruction say im at 2.5"pacers and Amsoil shock therap #10
    and up one click on the dampener settings.

What a huge difference. brakes feel a lot stronger and no more diving and digging in from the front end in turns. The ride is also a lot smoother yet provides a lot of feed back from what the front end is doing without being soft or mushy.
    Well worth the $80 it costs to upgrade the front suspension
    Last edited by hardlydangerous; 09-04-2008, 10:26 AM.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Did mine this year too, Ohlins springs though, big difference over stock. Probably didn't help that my fluid was 5 years old either.
    Kyle

Comment

I was planning on doing mine this winter. Did you change the seals while you were in there? Any tips to make it easier for me?

Comment

Working...
      X