Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Collector box knackered. Any suggestions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collector box knackered. Any suggestions?

Hi all. I have a '95 Kat 600 with a 4-1 Motad Nexus pipe attached. Unfortunately the collector box is completely shot. I can't locate any others and a whole new system is over Ž£300. And they're like rocking horse crap..
    Anyone know anywhere in UK where I can get a collector box made or know of any other solutions? It failed it's MOT on the exhaust so I can't ride again until it's fixed...
    Any suggestions gratefully accepted

I'd see about going full stock - would likely be much cheaper than that. If you really want the aftermarket, you would eventually be able to sell the stock system for pretty much what you paid for it, but be riding from now till then

Here in the states there are stock systems on eBay all the time for cheap
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Find a local welder. They can do their thing and you'll be good to go.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Hey guys. Thanks for the advice. It's much appreciated.Thought about the US stock system but the cost with shipping to UK is about the same as a new system.Tried the local welder but unfortunately the box is so bad that it can't be welded. Tried to get one fabricated but it seems that it will be expensive at nearly Ž£150 (I think around $180 ish.) I've found a vendor on ebay who is selling a full stainless new Black Widow system so I'm looking at that route. Bite the bullet and get it sorted rather than go cheaper (but not by much) and have all the messing about of making the older, slightly scuffed downpipes (headers) and silencer (muffler) fit. It should make it look heaps better too. Literally look on the bright side. Stainless steel is pretty bright...
        I'll keep you informed.

Veterans group? Does that include UK too? I'm an ex British Army tank driver/mechanic on the older Chieftain tank(a looooong time ago) then moved on to become a Paramedic and Station Officer (Station Commander in the US) Still working as a medic and as Operations Manager for a private ambulance company.
        Always good to hear from servicemen, allies or from other countries. Especially now that I'm old enough to not want to kill them.....
        Last edited by alsinstructor; 09-13-2017, 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes, allies are accepted to the KR VETRANS group
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
          X