Petcock Positions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock Positions

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

It wouldn't be the same if I didn't do it.....

You have a Pet what?!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
      It wouldn't be the same if I didn't do it.....

You have a Pet what?!!!!!!!
      And you are jealous aren't you?
      Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Comment

funny
          The guy sitting next to me has a pic of his son with a big rooster in his arms.
          So at least once a day someone asks what his son is doing with his "rooster" in his hands
          92 Katana 600 Project bike
          Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

WOW................

One week.

I wondered how long it would take for the pet cock joke to surface!

Man.............it is good to be home!
            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?

Comment

on my fuel petcock, there's a metal ring just behind the knob that show's left is prime, right is reserve, and down is on... how would that have happened? do i still go by those instructions posted on this page or what?

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
              "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Originally posted by takirb
                on my fuel petcock, there's a metal ring just behind the knob that show's left is prime, right is reserve, and down is on... how would that have happened? do i still go by those instructions posted on this page or what?
                Take off the fuel line/s from the petcock, and check which one is prime (fuel should flow without vacuum from the engine).
                - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by takirb
                  The drawing I made shows the positions as marked on Katana fairings.

Someone has installed a different petcock on your bike at some point. Use the positions that are marked on your petcock.

Comment

You just have to be difficult.
                    AMA member # 224227

Comment

geez, nobody's posted in this sticky for awhile... that would make a cool avatar!!

Comment

I'd prefer my other petcock as an avatar

Comment

so here's how the indicator ring on my fuel petcock looks..

i took the petcock apart and thoroughly cleaned every piece i could find, and scrubs the mating surface of the bracket that holds it on. does anyone else's ring look this way?

the previous owner told me he had the tank switched out with a 95 model, but even so, it should still be the same as the happy petcock pic above, shouldn't it?

"Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Well , aside from the happy-face , it DOES look pretty much the same . Did I miss something ? That's what MY petcock looked like when I took it apart , I think .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

my indicator shows prime on the left, reserve on the right. the happy petcock is bacwkards from what i have. yours is like the happy petcock or mine?

Comment

Working...
                              X