X

Turning a '95 into a track bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning a '95 into a track bike

So..where do I start? I just bought a new sv650s and am thinking about keeping my 95' 600 kat into a track bike. I've never been on a track, but seems like it would be a good excuse to keep my old bike. Nothing has been done to it so far, no mods- it just has 41,000 miles and still runs strong. thanks for you input
    -Z
    Big thrills and no spills

Step one: Sign up for a track day. Get good tires on the bike.

Step two: Attend said track day. Learn how to ride the bike. Don't take that the wrong way, there is much to be learned at a track day before you worry about modding the bike.

here is a good site to read up on for track days--> www.sportbiketracktime.com

Have fun.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

sounds like a good start. by "modding" the bike, i was also referring to things I have to do to the bike before it gets to the track- do i have to remove the turn signals/plate/mirrors, etc? what else?
      Big thrills and no spills

Comment

Depends on who is having the event, find a local track day org. Then get the details on what they require from their website.

But the basics typically include, loosing the mirrors, taping any glass or plastic lenses, good tires, no leaks, good breaks, and sometimes even for beginners safety wiring, oil fill, drain, and filter.

Then have full leathers, over ankle boots, good helmet, and gauntlet gloves.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X