X

front fork lowering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front fork lowering

how do you lower the front forks one inch? actually better question is how can you tell its one inch or is there a guideline to go by
    2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Originally posted by 2000GSXKatana View Post
    how do you lower the front forks one inch? actually better question is how can you tell its one inch or is there a guideline to go by
    Just losen the triple clamps and ease the bike down one inch.

Comment

This is the thread I made when I lower my bike

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
      swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
      Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

go with the link rokstars gave. its a good way to do it.

Comment

Lowering the front 1" and not lowering the rear is going to make it twitchy..

Comment

I just had mine lowered - paid someone $60 to do it and it was worth every cent. Ah the joy of touching both feet flat-footed.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
              Lowering the front 1" and not lowering the rear is going to make it twitchy..
              im already doing the rear soon just wondering about the front
              2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                I just had mine lowered - paid someone $60 to do it and it was worth every cent. Ah the joy of touching both feet flat-footed.
                You could have done that yourself. Get the b/f to do it for you.

Comment

loosen the yokes top and bottom with a jack under bike and then lower it safely until you can measure 1 inch at the top above yokes and then retighten and torque evrything job done

Comment

guys does anyone know a disgusting noise like a birdnoise coming from back when i take passanger only can it be coming from back suspension bolts?

i searched it evrywhre and still dont have an idea about it

Comment

does the chain need oiling? if youve been riding in the rain!

Comment

it is not like a chain sound.the chain is waxed.when i am with my passanger if i hit a trench or smtg.i hear a birdsound.i dont know how to explain it but sounds like a non oiled two metals are in touch.
                        onlyu thing that i can think isu to loosen back suspension bolts and wax a bit or if they are loosen i have to fasten it i guess

Comment

Originally posted by locco View Post
                          guys does anyone know a disgusting noise like a birdnoise coming from back when i take passanger only can it be coming from back suspension bolts?
                          Bearings begining to fail with the extra weight?
                          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
                            Bearings begining to fail with the extra weight?
                            Just how big of a passenger are we talking about here?!?!

Be careful lowering the front by just slipping the forks through the triples. If you go too far, then you'll start hitting hard parts together under full compression. (like hitting your dust seals/bottom tubes against the lower triple, or crunching your fender)
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by locco View Post
                              it is not like a chain sound.the chain is waxed.when i am with my passanger if i hit a trench or smtg.i hear a birdsound.i dont know how to explain it but sounds like a non oiled two metals are in touch.
                              onlyu thing that i can think isu to loosen back suspension bolts and wax a bit or if they are loosen i have to fasten it i guess

sounds like more of a shock issue to me...maybe your spring is getting too weak

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                              X