X

Track Riders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Riders

How many track riders we got on here? I know there is a couple..how do you get started with this sport?

x-track rider.

Comment

I wish I was skilled enough to be a track rider if that counts for anything.....

Which it doesn't......

awww....

I suck
      Some people carry on
      Some just stay right where they are
      Our worlds divide

Comment

There are open track days everywhere, they just aren't really advertised at most tracks. Anyone that isn't dumb can be a track rider. What's that you say, you want to make money in a series? Oh, then just get certified to race and consistently place in the top 3 in everything you do for the rest of your life. No big deal.

Comment

ha ha id be happy racing if i could even break even...but yeah im not asking about it for the money..it just sounds fun.

Comment

breeze races YSR's, looks like a low(er) cost alternative to trying to race big bikes, and It will make you a much better rider than if you have the power to compensate for bad lines...
            None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
            -Robert Morrison

"
            well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

And like I said, call the road racing tracks in your area and see if and when they have open track days. That's the cheapest way to practice. I'm sure there are some in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothman View Post
                I wish I was skilled enough to be a track rider if that counts for anything.....

Which it doesn't......

awww....

I suck

You don't have to have immense skill to be a track rider. Half of the time, those do track to learn and improve on skill. I think the biggest hitch is just finding a way to get your bike to a nearby track. I'm thinking maybe I can rig two 5 gallon gas tanks as saddle bags. Yea...huh...feelin it.

02 CBR Goofa
                01 Katana 600 - gone

Comment

Originally posted by Dago View Post
                  What's that you say, you want to make money in a series? Oh, then just get certified to race and consistently place in the top 3 in everything you do for the rest of your life. No big deal.
                  Don't forget the big bank account you better have before you start this little adventure! Bikes and certs don't come cheap!
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

You from East Texas? Here ya go..

Henderson, Tx

these guys do trackdays at oakhill

these are the other trackday folks in texas...

My wife did a trackday with this group, and we highly recommend them...
                    RideSmart is a Texas track day motorcycle rider's school, which provides instructional assistance for wide variety of skill levels.

I hopefully will be doing my 1st trackday next month with these guys..

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Working...
                    X