X

Swing arm chain adjustment plates?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swing arm chain adjustment plates?

I have no idea what these are really called but does anyone know where to get better after market ones? My pr 98" 600 has those Stamped steel ones and they suck. Any help?
    Keep right except to pass!
    myspace.com/brianlmullins

Don't know if they really make aftermarket ones. Maybe just order new ones from the stealership?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I found a stainless steel set on ebay. The chain adjusters I got from a bandit 600. They look much better and dont rust.

Tok

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
        mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

thanks everyone! from how I read the posts....I could just buy the bandit plates and use my stock Kat adjusters.....correct? The problem with mine is that the plates bend.

Comment

If the plates are bending, then something is wrong.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Ne-Oblie made me a pair of adjustor places from solid stock. about a half inch thick, and cut about a quarter inch on one side to fit inside the swingarm. VERY nice. Beg him to make and sell you a set mayhaps.
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

will do! thanks

Comment

they're bending??!! You ARE loosening the axlenut before you try to tighten your chain....right? Cause no way they should have enough pressure on them to bend them unless you're overtightening you chain to the point of breakage, or your trying to tension them without loosening up the castlenut on the side first.

Hey dumbluck, I like the idea of the aluminum stock ones. Think I'll make a set for myself. Thanks for the idea.
                  sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                  RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                  I Miss You Pop
                  2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                  BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Originally posted by Liltroy View Post
                    they're bending??!! You ARE loosening the axlenut before you try to tighten your chain....right? Cause no way they should have enough pressure on them to bend them unless you're overtightening you chain to the point of breakage, or your trying to tension them without loosening up the castlenut on the side first.

Hey dumbluck, I like the idea of the aluminum stock ones. Think I'll make a set for myself. Thanks for the idea.
                    both of the plates on my pre 750 were badly dished and one adjuster bolt bent when i got my Kat from the PO. no clue what he did but it would never stay in adjustment till i replaced the whole adjuster assembly. The plates would twist in the swingarm box end after riding also. I dont wrank on the throttle so i didnt hit them with all sorts of torque from power. I also had a problem with the axle castle nut turning in too far to catch the cotter pin when the axle was correctly torqued. I had to add an extra washer on the castle nut side. This seemed to cure any movement, and let me get the cotter pin in the castle nut correctly. I was still worried about the dishing of the adjuster plates as they're so thin. This was all before getting the new solid plates from NeOublie.
                    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

This is a common problem. I went with the Bandit adjusters. Just threw the whole part in my swing arm and adjusted it all up.

Comment

so is this just a problem on the pre's? Anyway, I already talked to my uncle about it and he's going to make me a set of billet aluminum ones and polish them up. It's a pretty simple thing to make if you've got the equipment. I've not had any problems, but I just think the billet ones look good and since they're free...........
                        RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                        I Miss You Pop
                        2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

Think your uncle would wanna make an extra set and sell them to me? Eh? I think the plates for the posts and the pre's are the same....so they would have similar issues.

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                          If the plates are bending, then something is wrong.
                          well......yea. The problem is that they suck. I'm pretty sure that is the problem....yep
                          Last edited by CANATUNA; 09-21-2008, 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by CANATUNA View Post
                            Think your uncle would wanna make an extra set and sell them to me? Eh? I think the plates for the posts and the pre's are the same....so they would have similar issues.
                            Dont know if he'd want to make a set to sell. Generaly, he doesnt mind little projects for the family but doesnt like to do things for people he doesnt know. I realize that sounds *** holeish, but he's just kinda funny like that. Besides, I dont want to infringe on the guy that makes them on heres territory since the idea, for the most part, was his to begin with. He sells them on ebay for around $80 I think and you could polish them afterwards. I personally think thats a little high but, he is the inventor so unless you have a lathe and som metal working skills, I guess a man really cant *****,lol.
                            RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                            I Miss You Pop
                            2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Comment

yea....I'm not going to pay $80 for that. HAHAHA I could buy an entire swing arm for that price. lol Too bad your uncle hates everyone...

Comment

Working...
                              X