04 CBR600F4i and 05 Katana 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try and ride them both

Comment

I would go with the Kat. I like to be comfortable on 250-300 mile days. And my previous Kat (88 1100) and present 2000 750 have proven to be bullet proof as far as reliability. Plus the 2005 Kat has the sharp tail section. Good Luck!!

Comment

IMO, these are 2 completely different bikes. I test rode one I considered buying last week and this was my impression from the F4i compared to the Kat I had.

*note* I did not buy the F4i since it was in lesser condition compared to the money the guy was asking.

The F4i is fuel injected. Throttling up is extremely smooth and the engine produces nearly zero vibrations. The FI is also much more forgiving of changing weather temperatures. Riding position is probably not the best for extremely long trips but depending on what type of riding you do, it may not matter.

The Kat is carbed. Throttling up isnt as smooth due to the carbs and the engine tends to vibrate and make more noise for some reason. Weather temperature changes can cause more noticeable unwanted effects on A/F. Riding position is more forgiving on long trips, but still sporty.

I'd go with FI over carbed just about every time but that's my personal preference.

Comment

get the cbr

Comment

I think I will. I just wish I could ride one. I got to sit on one but that's it. I would need to buy a softer seat I think.

I did 150+ miles last weekend with one stop on the Kat and didn't find it that comfortable btw ;p

Comment

If 150 miles on the Kat wasnt comfortable, then the CBR may completely kick your ***. Have you looked into an SV650? The bike is a little more sporty than the Kat, but isnt as harsh as the CBR.

Comment

go with the cbr 600. cbr 600 are very comfyfor a sport bike and technology wise out class the kat big time. i also have ridden sv650 and i thinks they are overated plus i dont like v twins.

Comment

yeah i would have to vote for the cbr.... but thats cuase i like speed and turning and all that stuff....

if your more of a cruiser type that rides the speed limit and just chills the kat 750 is a great ride....
                  THE EMAIL BANDIT
                  F4 I stunted out
                  Cbr900 (low and stretched)
                  MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

go with the f4

Comment

I want it all, I hate to say it, but if Suz doesnt do something, my next bike IS a Concourse.
                      '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
                      ME.

Comment

Depends on your size too..

I'm 6'3" 230ish......and I've ridden an older CBR600 early 90's..so maybe a F2? And it wasn't bad at all. Not as stable on the highway with wind etc as the Kat, but not bad at all.

My buddy has a 2003-2004ish F4i and after I got used to the smooooth powerband, I realized the bike wasn't comfy AT ALL. Maybe it was just me.

I doubt I'll "replace" that Kat (it's an ongoing project and I've got waay too much tinkering in it) but my next bike will either be a VFR or a ZX10/11.....

I like projects...so I'm always looking......

Comment

Yah I'm pretty much set on the F4i now unless i can find a better stepping stone to get me form my katana to a full blown GSXR or R6. I'm not ready for one of those yet. This was my first year on bike. I put 9000 miles on the Katana and I love her a lot but she just doesnt have the low end oomph that I'm looking for ;p

Maybe a VFR???

Also, I really hate how different the seating position is between Katana and SS bikes. Laying forward like that sucks when I go in and sit on them at the dealerships. Can you make them more upright somehow by raising the bars or something?

Comment

Originally posted by erickdan View Post
                            Can you make them more upright somehow by raising the bars or something?
                            Yes but it will mess with your ergonomics and therefore weight distribution. The bike won't really fit you like it's supposed to. Have you ever sat on a bike with adjustable rearsets? Up one back one did the trick for me, I can go hours on the zix now as opposed to about an hour and a half
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I hate to say it but I would go with the F4
                              sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

wow! by sheer coincidence i have an f4i and come on here for info and tips for my newly passed friend, for tips and info for his 750f so have ridden both.

mostly what has been written here is correct. the f4i is more nimble, it seems quicker when you are having fun, but a lot more work is needed. the midrange pull on the cat has a lot of appeal though and the position is very comfy ( or could bee seen as soft). noticably heavier on the cat which mainly shows up at lowspeed, moving around the garage or car park etc.
                                i have done qite a few long (2k miles in a week) runs on it (f4) and even 2up so it can be quite comfy when you are used to it (im 5'9) and it is more fun so im not ready for cat yet but it would be on my list

Comment

Working...
                                X