X

Busa vs. ZX-14 and GSXF Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
    what it comes down to is engineering. The Busa is a Suzuki, great design. The ZX-14 is a Kawasaki, completely a$$ backwards Yes, that is my professional opinion.
    Hmmmmm...

My 'busa was recalled twice in the first two years and I went back three more times for fuel and electrical problems...

My Kaw's had nothing wrong. -Nothing.

You can talk about 'Kawalskis' all you want, but my personal experience has told me otherwise. You'd love to think that Suzui hires all the best engineers and the other manufacturers hire street walkers and 'tards because that's convenient to suit your brand loyalty, but the fact is, all manufacturers have great engineers.
    Last edited by Nero; 01-31-2008, 06:44 PM.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I like the gs450. Blazing speed and insane handling make this bike the best ever built! lol I actually like the kawasaki looks better, but the feel of the busa is where its at.
      2 bikes

'82 GS650G
      '94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
        Hmmmmm...

My 'busa was recalled twice in the first two years and I went back three more times for fuel and electrical problems...

My Kaw's had nothing wrong. -Nothing.

You can talk about 'Kawalskis' all you want, but my personal experience has told me otherwise. You'd love to think that Suzui hires all the best engineers and the other manufacturers hire street walkers and 'tards because that's convenient to suit your brand loyalty, but the fact is, all manufacturers have great engineers.
        Honestly though, Which one do you believe was more enjoyable to cruise on, especially longer distances? Did you like your Busa?
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

You can talk about 'Kawalskis' all you want
          Thanks I will

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
            Thanks I will
            Indeed, arsenic. -Intelligent and well-spoken response. It's so...you.
            Last edited by Nero; 02-01-2008, 02:59 AM.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I LOVE the look of the new Busa. The 14 is starting to grow on me (saw a mod that got rid of the George Foreman grill. Looked cool.) but it's not growing as fast as the new Busa did. Because of my size and long arms I always feel like I'm sitting "on" a big Kawi 12 or 14 and not "in" a Busa. It's all personal preference.

(Personally, I think the '08 Honda CBR1000 is flat-out beautiful. Better looking than the R1 and a heck of a lot better looking than the Gixxer or ZX10 and I'm a die-hard Zuki man.)

Notice I didn't say anything about 1/4 mile or top end. Like I'm EVER going to racing for pinks on some lightly used Interstate. No one is ever going to wring every ounce of available performance out of their machines unless you're getting paid to do it. And at that point, nothing's stock, anyway.

Ride what feels right, looks right, and priced right, to you. Keeping up with the Jones' can be expensive and boring after a while.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                Keeping up with the Jones' can be expensive and boring after a while.
                The joneses have to stop sometime. Then it's lead pipe time.
                =USAF= Retired

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                  I LOVE the look of the new Busa. The 14 is starting to grow on me (saw a mod that got rid of the George Foreman grill. Looked cool.) but it's not growing as fast as the new Busa did. Because of my size and long arms I always feel like I'm sitting "on" a big Kawi 12 or 14 and not "in" a Busa. It's all personal preference.

(Personally, I think the '08 Honda CBR1000 is flat-out beautiful. Better looking than the R1 and a heck of a lot better looking than the Gixxer or ZX10 and I'm a die-hard Zuki man.)

Notice I didn't say anything about 1/4 mile or top end. Like I'm EVER going to racing for pinks on some lightly used Interstate. No one is ever going to wring every ounce of available performance out of their machines unless you're getting paid to do it. And at that point, nothing's stock, anyway.

Ride what feels right, looks right, and priced right, to you. Keeping up with the Jones' can be expensive and boring after a while.
                  I love the new Busa too.

However, I have decided to that I am going to buy a 2006 or older for insurance purposes. I checked the rates yesterday and there was a big difference on the rates from a 2006 to 2008. The best for me would be to find a nice 2004 or 2005 because the rates only when up about $400 more a year over the Kat.
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

The joneses have to stop sometime. Then it's lead pipe time.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been a 'busa fan since it first came out in '99 then in 2006 the '14 came out,,,, mother of God!?!? I guess her eyes (all 6 of them) got me first,,, then the performance.... looks, styling,,, ah,,,, by tomorrow I should have passed my breaking in point, almost 1000 miles on the '14 and loving it.
                      2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
                      2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
                      2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
                      2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000kat600 View Post
                        I've been a 'busa fan since it first came out in '99 then in 2006 the '14 came out,,,, mother of God!?!? I guess her eyes (all 6 of them) got me first,,, then the performance.... looks, styling,,, ah,,,, by tomorrow I should have passed my breaking in point, almost 1000 miles on the '14 and loving it.
                        What was your second bike?

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new ride
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2000kat600 View Post
                          Jeebus! Already 1K? In the middle of Winter? I've had mine for a year now and still don't have 5K! Planned any mods yet?
                          =USAF= Retired

Comment

Jeebus! Already 1K? In the middle of Winter? I've had mine for a year now and still don't have 5K! Planned any mods yet?

5K??? 5K????!!!
                            I should ride out there just to pop you upside the head! Ride that beast already!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm too busy during the day and hate to ride at night. The roads aren't that interesting here either. There aren't 10 appreciable curves within a hundred miles. -This ain't socal. I'm hoping to do Deals Gap this year though.
                              Last edited by Nero; 02-02-2008, 09:20 AM.
                              =USAF= Retired

Comment

I'm too busy during the day and hate to ride at night. The roads aren't that interesting here either. There aren't 10 appreciable curved within a hundred miles. -This ain't socal. I'm hoping to do Deals Gap this year though.
                                You need to make it up for the Rally, if you haven't moved.
                                2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X