X

katana 750 exhaust question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana 750 exhaust question

I was told that a cheaper way of doing a exhaust on my kat is to use a header from a 1200 bandit with a slip on. Is this true , will this just bolt right on?
    "I wanna go fast"

The B12 engine IS taller , so the header probably is , too . Not sure HOW much . But this is , of course , merely speculation ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I heard but wasn't sure... That the B12 can directly bolt on. But it is longer and therefore the bottom cowling would need to be trimmed.
      myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Thanks, I have found one cheap enough that even if it doesnt work no harm will be done. but if it does I will be sure to let everyone know
        "I wanna go fast"

Comment

take a picture of it, I want to use the b12 headers also. How did you come across finding the headers for cheap?
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302
            take a picture of it, I want to use the b12 headers also. How did you come across finding the headers for cheap?
            The one I found is on ebay (just do a search for 1200 bandit exhaust and you will find it), it was a full stock pipe and header for $70.00 If I dont get that one I am gonna look in a local bone yard. last lime I was out there I saw a couple of b12s. I just hope there is not a whole lot of mod to make this work. The person who told me about this in the first place said they bolt right up so we will see. Hopefully I will have this accomplished by the ene of the month maby a little longer $ is a little tight right now I have all three of my kids b-days back to back. As soon as it is done I will post some pics and let you know how it turns out.
            "I wanna go fast"

Comment

here you go!

Comment

and here is one pic showing what you need to cut to clear the bottom cowl.

Comment

Originally posted by GixxerJoe
                  Originally posted by Mat0302
                  The one I found is on ebay (just do a search for 1200 bandit exhaust and you will find it), it was a full stock pipe and header for $70.00 If I dont get that one I am gonna look in a local bone yard. last lime I was out there I saw a couple of b12s. I just hope there is not a whole lot of mod to make this work. The person who told me about this in the first place said they bolt right up so we will see. Hopefully I will have this accomplished by the ene of the month maby a little longer $ is a little tight right now I have all three of my kids b-days back to back. As soon as it is done I will post some pics and let you know how it turns out.
                  Gixxerjoe if you are talking about this one

don't get it. it will not fit. look at the pic I posted is not the same.

Comment

That was the one I was looking at and thanks I wont get it. Dont need to wast any money can you tell me where you got yours or where I can find one so I get the right one. That looks awsume on yours and easy enough to do
                    "I wanna go fast"

Comment

I got the headers on ebay, I paid $46.00 for the full exhaust.

Comment

So what setup ARE you running ?
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                        X