No announcement yet.
X

Suspenssion setup on 03/

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And one more thing Cyber, if I go for the emulators the adjustment on top will not work anymore?
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
      And one more thing Cyber, if I go for the emulators the adjustment on top will not work anymore?
      I can answer that one......no.
      1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
      2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
      Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
        Cyber do u recomend OEM oil or something thicker? How about if I raise the oil level inside the forks lets say between 0.5 to 1 inch? Will that help or the only think it's gonna do is blow the seals?
        Changing the level upwards from the recommended level significantly will cause the damping to become rock hard and probably blow the seals in the process (the system needs that air space to be able to compress to compensate, so the oil can flow back and forth). On the other hand, if your oil is currently low, getting it up to the right level will improve the response. I use the OEM spec oil weight, with a good aftermarket synthetic fork oil; I have been known in the past to mix two oils (10W and 15W) to arrive at something around the behavior of a 12.5W (just marginally heavier than OEM spec). For you I would recommend sticking to the 10 weight, or mixing up a 12 weight and replacing your oil seals while you've got the forks disassembled.

As for dive, I think a lot of it depends on what your previous bike was -- if you're stepping out of a GSXR or R6/R1, the kat is burdened by hefting an extra 100lbs of weight as a sports-tourer, but that extra weight also makes it more stable over uneven roads at speed. If you're coming out of a bike with a paralever or hossack front end, the dive is very difficult to handle, but after a while, you will get used to it. Are you bottoming out the forks on any of these dives?

Q: Where do you live? Fork oil, like brake oil, is prone to water retension to some degree from ambient humidity, and if the place that delivered your bike to you used oil from an open container in a high-humidity location, it might have been compromised.

Also - did you buy the bike new, or used? If used, how much did the previous owner weigh (give or take)?

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Suspension? You can adjust it?

I have mine a bit stiffer cuz of my size. It could probably use a bit more tuning though. I will have to check out that web site and see what it says for fat mexicans.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
          X