Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masrapido
    Originally posted by chriskatana
    Hey chriskatana, are those the stock brake lines?
    Yes, stock lines.
    Ok, then, the fittings of the stock lines are same that the ones of the new front master cylinder? You know what I want to say? Damn, I need a technical dictionary!
    Yes, the stock line bolt up directly to the new master cylinder.

Comment

Thanks againnnnn chriskatana!
      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I got it installed. I only had to modify the stock bracket a little. I had to drill out the mounting hole a little bigger so the bolt in the top triple clamp would fit through.

'92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

is your Kat lever for sale? I broke my lever in the crash....if yours is not doing anything

Comment

Originally posted by Range
            is your Kat lever for sale? I broke my lever in the crash....if yours is not doing anything
            just the lever? It's not in great condition. You pay the shipping and its yours. PM me with the details.

Comment

[quote="floxera"]I got it installed. I only had to modify the stock bracket a little. I had to drill out the mounting hole a little bigger so the bolt in the top triple clamp would fit through.
              quote]

Very Nicely done

Comment

Nice! I have the master front from the Gixxer 1000 of my dude, brand new, only a few days of use. He sold it for 30€. But I need the reservoir, the hose, and the two clamps, I´m seeking for one in my area.
                Wish me luck!

P.S: Did you (floxera and chrsikatana) notice a better braking? Both of you looks really nice, I have to work hard to get it equal!
                PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Very Nicely done
                  Thanks

Nice! I have the master front from the Gixxer 1000 of my dude, brand new, only a few days of use. He sold it for 30€. But I need the reservoir, the hose, and the two clamps, I´m seeking for one in my area.
                  Wish me luck!
                  Thats cheap. I guess. I see the resevoirs on ebay all the time about $30.

P.S: Did you (floxera and chrsikatana) notice a better braking? Both of you looks really nice, I have to work hard to get it equal!
                  The brake feel & feedback has gotten better. The old master cylinder was pretty bad shape. I think the increase in performace is mostly due to the fact that the sv650 MC is newer and in better condition. The sv650 and Katana have the same size front brake MC. I really didn't expect any increase in performance. Your gixxer MC may be larger which will increase leverage. Each millimeter you pull the lever will do more braking, so you'll just reach the limits of your brakes quicker(with less lever pull than the stock MC). It won't increase stopping power(decrease stopping distances).

Comment

Yeah, I really want to say if you noticed a better "feel", I mean, right now, to stop the bike, I have to brake with four fingers and the lever is really next to the hand grip, and that isnt cool...
                    PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I really want to say if you noticed a better "feel", I mean, right now, to stop the bike, I have to brake with four fingers and the lever is really next to the hand grip, and that isnt cool...
                      I have to pull my lever less to brake, before was like you pulling hard 4 fingers almost to the grip with the lever.. NO more.. now I can 2 finger to half way to the grip and stop.

Comment

I have to pull my lever less to brake, before was like you pulling hard 4 fingers almost to the grip with the lever.. NO more.. now I can 2 finger to half way to the grip and stop.
                        Yeah, thatsss what I need!!!
                        PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Here we go again! There is no way I can find the reservoir! I have seen in the bike shop the OEM Suzuki one, but its freaking expensive! Much moore than my master cylinder! So, the dude in the bike shop seek and find another, smaller, not OEM, and I guess, it must works, because be smaller isnt a problem, or it is?
                          PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

There are usally a few on ebay. Most of the time they sell for $25-30. I know shipping to spain may make it to expensive. The reservoirs are manufacture by nissan brakes. The yamaha yzf line also uses nissan master cylinders. My buddies yzf, visually, appears to use the same reservoir.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks floxera, I though same as you, Nissin makes all the japanese bikes reservoirs, so I will search again around here in Spain, because as you said, the shipping to Spain must be same expensive that buy a OEM one.
                              PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

sorry whoops nissin not nissan.

Comment

Working...
                                X