X

The Facelift project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Facelift project

This has been my journey from when I bought the GSX-F 750 in January of 2016. Wasn't originally going to dig this deep, but decided to after seeing little things here and there. Plus after joining this forum, and seeing all the cool mods you guys have been doing to these bikes, I couldn't resist doing the same. I am very pleased on how this bike turned out. Looks brand new and runs tip top. Did the suspension, carb clean, usual maintenance, front and rear sprockets with a new gold chain, gold levers.....blah, blah blah...Here are some pics of my resto build.

More pictures....

And finally after many, many hours of hard work, blood, sweat and tears.....The end results before decals..... which I still have to install, but am enjoying the nice clean look of a Black Kat for now.

Last edited by MotorBikeMike; 04-18-2016, 10:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Looking good

Comment

Very nice!!!! Enjoy!

Comment

Much better!

Comment

Nice
          sigpic

Comment

Very Well Done. Looks so much better than the flat black. Great Job.

Comment

Thanks fellas.

All from my basement workshop and the 10X12 shed in the backyard with no heat and during a Canada winter season, minus the painting of the fairings.

So happy wow well this turned out. This forum and a few guys on here were a big help. Happy dance time

Comment

What did you use on the rims to remove the black paint?? bike looks amazing
                TO BE OLD AND WISE, YOU MUST FIRST BE YOUNG AND STUPID

Comment

Originally posted by fido View Post
                  What did you use on the rims to remove the black paint?? bike looks amazing
                  Thanks Fido. Worked on her all winter.

I used "paint and varnish stripper-GEL" purchased at Home Depot. I had originally bought it for removing latex paint off some of the wood trim around the house. Tried it on the rims and worked okay. Not the best though. Whatever the stripper didn't remove I used the burgundy scuff pads to get the rest. Then the long process of working my way up in Grit sandpaper "wet", from 180 all the way up to 2000. Then used metal polish to get the shine from the aluminum.

Comment

Bravo - Looks HERDS better!

The rims really set it off. Seeing yours is making me contemplate polishing my '89 rims...the edges like you did anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post

The rims really set it off. Seeing yours is making me contemplate polishing my '89 rims...the edges like you did anyway.

Thanks man.

Decals Installed

Last edited by MotorBikeMike; 04-26-2016, 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Are those the same GSXF decales I see on ebay?
                        Last edited by AR-15; 04-27-2016, 08:42 PM.
                        2006 750

Comment

Originally posted by AR-15 View Post
                          Are those the same GSXF decales I see on ebay?

Yep. Its the only ones I could find.

Comment

That looks really nice! Super clean.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post

Yup, it's how they should of done it at the factory.. I did mine years ago. Normal striper from the auto parts store will work just fine.
                              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran
                              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                              X