X

starting/running issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting/running issues

so i have had my 93 gsx600 for about 2 months, i started it and rode it, it ran pretty damn good, but lately not so well, i always have to choke it now and when i crank it over it lags, the starter does not turn over as fast, its been running rich, (im 99% positive) but it will idle with the choke but when u turn it off it dies down from about 3g to 1000-800rpm and die. but with im riding it runs great, it pulls like a champ, (when i have the choke on and its idling around 3 it will pop a little, like its trying to burn the extra fuel) but when i come to a stop a have to make sure to keep it running, it only has 21,ooo mi. ..... about a week ago i turned the key and tryed to start it and when i hit the start button it didnt do any so i tapped it a few times and now it dont even turn over, also when i push started it and rode it a short distance, turned it off, and went to push start it again, nothing, it was as if i didnt have the kill switch, switched to run, but i checked, tried 7 more times and still nothing, i had to push it back. i let it sit for a few i pushed her again and it fired up, parked it(running) on the porch with the choke on and it idled for about a min and just shut straight off, i waited and started it agian took it to the porch (leaving the choke off) and feathered the gas keeping it in the range ff 1300-2500rpm, ran for a min and just shut off, i know its pretty somfusing but plz help!!! this is my first bike and love it!!!!!!!!!

Time for a carb cleaning, check the tank for rust or all for not, pre Kats don't use fuel filters, check your petcock for proper operation.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-12-2013, 01:09 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Charge your battery, clean your carbs, new spark plugs, air filter, oil and oil filter.

Idling at 3k is not normal! Don't leave it idling at any RPM for more than a few minutes, or you will cook something that should be left raw!

Comment

Working...
      X