X

violent shaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• violent shaking

hey guys i noticed my bike shaking the other day as i was on the highway slowing down. as i am letting off the gas and riding (no handed) my bars shook back and forth... hmmm i cant figure it out

my checklist

1. tire pressure, fine
    2 damaged tire, no damage
    3 bar ends there, still there
    4 progressive shocks on same setting, same setting
    5 get on KR and search the subject, no info
    6 make this post you just red and hopefully you can help me out.

thanks all
    -Chris
    track pro

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

How old/worn is the front tire?
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

its not all to bad bout 1200 miles
        track pro

Comment

I'm going with cupping on the tire ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

it didnt look funny to me
            track pro

Comment

Mine did that when I got it but it had a very visible worn out front tire. Got a new set and front one was defective. Looked perfectly fine but would shake like Hell at higher speeds. They sent a replacement and was fine. Point is something may have happened that you can't see. Or bearings are bad somewhere. Good luck and don't let go!

Comment

Sometimes cupping is hard to see , and needs to be FELT . Also , maybe tossed a wheel weight ?
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks for all the onfo guys ima .go take the tire off and check everything again. i might just buy a new tire and wheel bearings to be safe though
                  track pro

Comment

Originally posted by dr.house0989 View Post
                    thanks for all the onfo guys ima .go take the tire off and check everything again. i might just buy a new tire and wheel bearings to be safe though
                    you can ck the bearings by turning them with your finger. should have no notches or rough spots. [after the axle is removed]
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                    X