No announcement yet.
X

C-14, ZX-14, or Busa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive ridden very comfortable cruisers most of my life n even had a poor mans goldwing (kawi voyager XII which i loved). Im sure the conny is the most comfy n that it is likely to survive the most miles. The table can MORE than attest to their abilities n he rides his like most would a 250. But to say the busa or zx14 r not really suited to do coast to coast is far from true. Tom does insane miles on busas n i would not hesitate to take my zx coast to coast. I road her hard every day of last years rally with freshly broken ribs n have more than a few looong days on her sence. The power is pretty much irrelavant with them. What u like/feelz right. I LOVE my zx n basically nothing on the rode can touch it.. i gave her everything "i" had on the dragon the last day there and jib pulled away from me on a lowered pink ninja 500...get the bike u like. Thats it (zx14 or you're wrong )

Ps. If u r curious of the max lean angle of a 14,,,look below n you got a pretty good idea cause that pic is the midpipe BARELY touching n the fairing touching a lil more than barely. translation,,,,max lean angle without crash ...
    Last edited by mather_builders; 02-14-2013, 01:52 AM.
    sigpic
    1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Any thoughts on the 1250FA? It looks good, sounds reliable, and looks like it can be had for cheap. Throw in a few bucks and it can be upgraded to something special (according to Sport Rider).
      -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not saying the 1250 isn't a nice bike... but.... it's like... the difference between buying a used chevy, and buying a Corvette. Sure Chevy makes the Corvette... but... it's not the same thing
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I dig it...it's still a Chevy...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
            Any thoughts on the 1250FA? It looks good, sounds reliable, and looks like it can be had for cheap. Throw in a few bucks and it can be upgraded to something special (according to Sport Rider).
            Boring, ugly, still a budget bike.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I don't think Honda has come out with a bike above 1000CCs in years that's inspiring. Just my HO...
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

CB1000 is coming to the US this year. Although that's a throwback to the 80's UJM.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  CB1000 is coming to the US this year. Although that's a throwback to the 80's UJM.
                  I like how all of these companies are trying to cash in on the standard bikes now. Kawi has been doing it for years and the sales are dreadful, ZRX and Z1000 etc...why they want to continue the trend is beyond me...the CB600F never sold so why would a bigger engine make it any different?
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

One word: Blackbird.
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      I like how all of these companies are trying to cash in on the standard bikes now. Kawi has been doing it for years and the sales are dreadful, ZRX and Z1000 etc...why they want to continue the trend is beyond me...the CB600F never sold so why would a bigger engine make it any different?
                      The ZRX is not dreadful, it's an awesome bike to ride
                      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

A mate of mine has a 2012 Zx-14 and he claims that his wrists hurt after a ride >150km. I rode a '08 Busa a few times and it's definately going to be my next bike (was inclined towards the 1250fa before). I don't know anything about the C-14 though.
                        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

Just for shits and giggles, I did a generic ins quote for my area on a few of the bikes I had in mine: Busa, Sprint, Connie, K1300, 1250FA, and I think Ninja 1k...

Well I was really shocked by my findings... A brand new connie with $500 minimum ded and 50 k prop would cost me almost half to insure against the sprint, 14, and almost a third less than the busa. The 1250 was less than the connie of course. The K1300 was reasonably priced to insure and I think the ninja was in the middle of the extremes.

I might seriously look into the connie in the future...
                          sigpic

Comment

The Busa is a great bike but it is not cheap to add a couple of hard bags that look nice. I would get the Busa - Skip the bags. Some soft tail bags and a tank bag can go along ways.
                            Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

shameless plug:

I know where a super clean C-14 sits at a great price and has all kinds of goodies on it already installed.

yeah sorry, had to try and help dad out a bit...

anyway, I have ridden his C14 and it is a SUPERB bike. The 'shaft effect' isn't nearly as noticeable as some would lead you to believe, and the damn thing is fast as hell. Extremely smooth ride with power when you need it. Plenty of room for stuff in the bags, and I have never heard mom complain about riding on the back...except for a certain spirited ride through the dragon one time...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Ya know, after riding two-up with me at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, you would think your mother would have known what to expect at Deals Gap... Thanks for the shameless plug though!

Comment

Working...
                                X