No announcement yet.
X

#4 carb air inlet valve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to buy a set of rebuilt carbs that are very well done, I can work with you. I will tell you right now, they aren't cheap, but they are done right. I noticed you have a 4 into 1 Yoshimura exhaust. This is what you'll want:
    [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190583021334&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97[/ame]
    I'll have a set with a full Dynojet kit done on Thursday, but in my opinion, Factory Pro is the better choice.
    If you're interested, PM me. You're bike in your profile picture looks really nice. It actually deserves carbs like that. Also, if you have a full exhaust system, you'll want to go with the 115 main jets. I can install them for you before I ship the carbs to you.
    Last edited by arsenic; 02-01-2012, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Exhaust I asked the po and he has not answered me for 2 days. I know it's not stock. He showed me the original pipes and these tubes are noticeably larger in size. The muffler is gutted. I was gonna put packing and a baffle back in it. But again the shop here doesn't know what they are doing. They have no clue what to order to do it.
      I appreciate the offer on the carbs but can't afford it. Wish I could. I can get a rebuild kit for $80 at the shop in Lincoln. You said I need different jets. How do I order those? Ask when I order the kit?
      I also have a 68 mustang I've been working on. Just had the body done, but not very happy with how it turned out. I just got it back 4 wks ago n now the motor has water in the pan. Nice!! So that's where my money has been going. I'm great with cars but bikes is different. Where do I get a sync gauge at?
      It's not a bad bike really. It has problems but i picked it up for only 1150. But as you know it needs the carbs rebuilt, forks rebuilt"very sloppy" same as rear shock. A bit of fiberglass needs done. I had a carb kit ordered here at the shop 2 wks ago but got my money back on it. With as much things they have screwed me on and things they dnt know about I figured I better not get it. Any info or ideas help. Thanks!!

Comment

No, I said you need the 115 main jets with a Factory Pro jet kit. If you have the stock needles, don't waste your time trying to get it right. Good luck.

Comment

If you can afford to replace the carbs, get them from arsenic. Hands down the best carbs you can get for your bike. Well worth the investment!
          Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

Ok

Comment

Those Factory Pro carbs sold this morning, but I'll have a Dynojet set on Thursday. And I have another Factory Pro set coming, but I haven't order any parts for it yet, so it'll be a few weeks yet.

Comment

That's ok. In a few weeks I'll probably be interested. Gimme time to save up anyway.

Comment

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190635837132&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97[/ame]
                  Here's the Dynojet set as promised.

Comment

Which are better? Factory pro or the Dino? I won't have enough cash for a few weeks though. Any less with mine shipped to you?

Comment

Depends who you ask. In my opinion, Factory Pro. Actually, forget that "depends who you ask" thing. I don't know anybody that would say Dynojet. For a Katana anyway. As far as price, if you buy them directly from me aka, not through eBay. They'll be $495 shipped to your door. If you send me your old set as a core, I'll refund $50 of your payment as soon as I receive your old set. Wait until you see this FP set I've got coming. Every once in a while I go balls to the wall with a set of carbs. This set is that one. It'll have 4 brand new floats. And brand new pilot jets, brand new main jets (all 12 of them 112.5, 115, and 117.5), new Factory Pro titanium needles, and Factory Pro nickle plated emulsion tubes. Those 3 rubber bushings on the rear bracket are gonna be new also.
                      Last edited by arsenic; 02-02-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Ok. Sounds good. Another question. My fork seals are shot. My front end I can pick up about 4 inches. I let it go n right back to the old spot. Where do I pick up a cheap set to re do my forks? Same as the rear one. If you know anywhere online?

Oh. I would still have to sync my bike with your carbs?
                        Last edited by Briansgsx600f; 02-02-2012, 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes, they need to be synced to your engine. They are bench synced, but that is only done to provide a starting point to do a proper sync. As far as forks, I do carbs man. Talk to Tmod, he's the suspension guy.

Comment

Forks

Ok will do. Thanks

Comment

So Now I am having a problem to. I attempted to do a valve adjustment this weekend. I started on Saturday afternoon. Got the bike ripped down to valve covers and started drinking. After a few drinks I did not wanna work on it and left it over night. Got to it Sunday morning with a real bad hangover. I said F it and decieded to put it back together to get home and do this project at my house through out a few days. (I was at my buddies house). After I got everything put to gether and reconnected the tank I cant get the RPM's to drop. I got it to Idle fine but it back fires when I start it. After it idles I try to rev it alittle to 2-3000 revs and it hangs there. I thought I might have forgotten to connect a vacuum hose. I took the tank back off and check everything. Everything was connected and in theright place. I tried adjusting the throttle cables from the lever and from under the tank and did not make a difference. Then I looked and my choke cable is extremly loose and I can figure how to tighten it. The little L shaped cable cover coming directly from the light switch will rorate a full 360 degree's. It started getting late so My buddy said I can leave it there till I get it figured out. Any thoughts would be great.

I did a good job (ish) at marking what i took off and what wires go to what. But when I pulled the ignition coils on the left side there was two wires going to it. A white with red stripe and another one ( I forgot the color). I was about 70 percent sure the white with red stripe was on top. Might be wrong. But I did mark the right side.
                              When life has you by the balls. Grab life by the horns. DON'T BE AFRAID TO LET ER' BUCK!!!

Comment

On the left coil, orange wire is on top.

Comment

Working...
                                X