X

classic "sportbikes"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classic "sportbikes"

i'm looking to maybe purchase a third bike within the next year or so, and im leaning towards an older sportbike like the 81-85 kats.

anyone own any cool looking ones? any thoughts?
    sigpic
    2000 Suzuki 600 Kat - Blue Fury V1.0
    2006 Kawasaki 636 - Blue Fury V2.0
    2011 Dodge Charger RT - Lexi

More importantly, where do you find an old kat? I've wanted to ride one just to see how it was. I never could find anyone near me who had one. Only seen pictures of the fabled beauty
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Comment

yea i imagine they are quite the rarity no days... but man, wouldnt be neat? pop-up headlight and everything
      sigpic

Comment

I would love to have a Wes Cooley GS1000, and maybe a replica of Hailwood's Honda 500.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          I would love to have a Wes Cooley GS1000, and maybe a replica of Hailwood's Honda 500.
          like these ones yea?
          (Wes Cooley)

(Hailwood Honda)

i wish i could find an 81 GSX1100... like this one;

and this lucky guy... what a nice bike

sigpic

Comment

"The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
            1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
            2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by jippah View Post
              like these ones yea?
              (Wes Cooley)

Uhhhh... yeah.... I'll be buying a real Cooley race bike right around the time Queen Dick is crowned.

I just meant the plain old Wes Cooley edition that Suzuki sold to the masses. Not nearly as rare or as fast, but I'd like to have one anyway.

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have been wanting to find a crummy old 83 gs 1100 an rebuild it with ohlins rear shocks and gsxr front end.
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

well i transfer in December to Texas for a few months, then i'll be going to Maryland (DC Area) and i'll definitely keep my eyes out for a classic bike!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jippah View Post
                    like these ones yea?

i wish i could find an 81 GSX1100... like this one;

I really want one of these as well.. I haven't even seen a single one for sale near me
                    Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Heres some old Kats for ya....

and a GS
                      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I'd sideline the idea of looking for an 80's Kat. Too hard to find. Try looking for a 83-87 VF750F or VFR750 Interceptor. Lots easier to find (OK, not easy but not as difficult) and they're a blast to ride.

Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i've alsways loved the look of the old FJ1100's.. i was actually caught between buying one and an 89 Kat 750. in hind sight i probably should have got the FJ cus i LOVE the look but the Kat is awesome just the same lol... that and an 1100 as a first bike would have killed me
                          if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                            I'd sideline the idea of looking for an 80's Kat. Too hard to find. Try looking for a 83-87 VF750F or VFR750 Interceptor. Lots easier to find (OK, not easy but not as difficult) and they're a blast to ride.

funny you mention that. One of these just popped up for $1000 about an hour from me. Might have to go take a look...

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post

Most definately a cool bike!
                              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X