X

Which 600 to upgrade to

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
    have fun with the CBR! im still holding out for the busa!
    I like the busa. I actually had a customer who rides one say i should skip the 600 to 750 to 1000 thing all togather. "just get a Busa." They have a way to change the power curve from like 114hp to all-out-death-wish. They are still heavy. Actually looks heavier than a kat. I like curvy back roads more than straight highways. That's why a 750 might be the most engine i need. I weigh like 165lbs, not 200+ so i won't look like im riding a pocket bike. i love the look of the busa and the respect it gets, but i want a bike because of what i think of it not someone else. A new Busa is only like $14K, so get one. i got to talk to insurance agent and see what he says the increase will be. That is the better figure to make a judgment off of for me.

Comment

Originally posted by newkatbie View Post
      I actually had a customer who rides one say i should skip the 600 to 750 to 1000 thing all togather. "just get a Busa."
      No offense, but that guy is a tool. The people that say s**t like that are usually the guys with 2" chicken strips on their back tire (though the center is on the threads) and a cobweb forming inside their speedometer (probably just above 130mph or so). When I hear that kind of talk, all I can picture is this old redneck I used to work with talking to someone about Sportsters..... he said something to the effect of "Ferr'git that lil piece uh nothin'...... git ya a REAL motorsickle, like a Road King er sum'n". It's like sportbike riders are the new Harley riders.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        No offense, but that guy is a tool. The people that say s**t like that are usually the guys with 2" chicken strips on their back tire (though the center is on the threads) and a cobweb forming inside their speedometer (probably just above 130mph or so). When I hear that kind of talk, all I can picture is this old redneck I used to work with talking to someone about Sportsters..... he said something to the effect of "Ferr'git that lil piece uh nothin'...... git ya a REAL motorsickle, like a Road King er sum'n". It's like sportbike riders are the new Harley riders.
        That may be true. i never looked at his back tire. I like how you can spell like rednecks speak. That's talent. i think that's how they spell, too. Sport bike riders have always been, in my opinion, just as cocky as Harley guys. i had a friend in high school who got an r6 and said he does 150mph all the time. I asked him to show me and he said he would one day. That one day never came. As for the guy who told me get a Busa, he said he doesn't really speed anymore because he has a family and all. Or something like that. i think he was trying to say that i should not waste money getting a 600cc and then a 750cc and then a 1000cc because i can get all that in one bike. As for harleys, I think Sportsters are ugly. So is the PLACE NAME OF HARLEY MOTORCYCLE HERE. I would say, "Forget that Harley, get a Honda Civic. They are just as fast, can be fitted with a loud exhaust (or a sound system playing the note of a Screaming Eagle exhaust) , and won't break down everyday." However, they might not make your private parts feel bigger than they appear.

Comment

First of all wana say hi to all ppl in that forum .... its nice to be part of that kat society

Did u check HONDA CBR F4i

MCNews brings you all of the latest motorcycle news including latest bikes, race results and motorcycle reviews.

that is more user friendly bike then rr and also same damn good look and tehcnology... will be my next bike

Comment

+1 for the f4i. it's more comfortable than any of the "true" supersports and can still get you down the road at a decent clip. a very predictable bike and...fuel injected!
            "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

see for me it's kawasaki all the way! It was so comfortable to sit on and felt amazing. I love the look of the R6, but I was on my tippy toes and that's not cool. RR was the most comfortable, but not as sexy as the zx6. im goin for the zx10 for my next bike!

Comment

resurected!
                just updating since i haven't been on in a long time. I bought a cbr1000rr because I liked the price. It is very comfortable for me at 6ft tall. It is faster than me any day. I've put a little over 1k miles on it so far. This thing handles great and is not that scary. I had to play with it a little, so i hit 135ish so far. I'm still learning the bike. The brakes are pretty good, the position is relatively comfortable, and my right hand only has to move slightly before i worry about getting a ticket. I haven't redlined in first yet. I've gotten in trouble a couple times going into a corner too hot.

i would and have recomended this bike to others. It has plenty of power and is easy to control. The seat is not very fun after an hour, though. Otherwise, I love this bike.

Comment

they thing that sucks about a zx 14 or busa (i own a zx14) is that you have to know the bike VERRRRRYYY well to take it into the tight twisties. granted, the bike handles incredibly well for being heavier, only 20lbs more than the kat, but just give her a lil too much gas and the tire is out from under you. I love it, its comfortable, awesome looking, and is more power than i will ever need, so i dont have a use for another motorcycle
                  Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                  Current Bikes:
                  1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

One of my buddies had a cbr 6 .I had it for the summer .My GF had the Ninja and she was always asking me to ride it places and she'd sit behind .She thought it was more power than she was comfrtable with for long rides .After a summer of switching between .The Honda was the best of the two for doubled up riding and less vibration .It was a great bike for its size .The 600 holds its own for power and comfort .My two cents .You made the right call.Enjoy
                    I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

So, I had fun doing an accidental stoppie in front of a cop. I wanted to turn into a park and i almost missed the entrance. I figured i'll try the brakes out. I squeezed hard and didn't move back on the seat. The rear came up. Just as i was putting the rear down, i looked at the entrance and there was Maryland's finest just looking on. So, I didn't turn into the park. I just got on the gas and pulled into the first street (hide). Oh, did i mention the rear swung around when it was in the air?

I am so glad I got this bike. Even when i made a mistake, it was not unmanageable. Zero tickets so far, too. Oh, did i mention it has exhaust, filters, and power commander? I feel like i might become a squid!

My buddy got the same bike but has stock exhaust. The sound is so different. I will get a camera for it soon and post a vid of it on back roads.

Now i'm gonna put some ice on my a$$. i miss the comfort of the Kat.

@STULER: I am thinking of getting a more touring oriented bike. I just really like the way the cbr handles the curves, so it may be next summer. I'll try to find a better seat first.
                      Last edited by newkatbie; 04-03-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

My bike is sex offender because it rapes everything on the road! CBR1Krr

@ newkatbie ... You obviously haven't raced me yet lol
                        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                        Current Bikes:

Comment

The Kawasaki's, based on what I have read, have the best traction control system. It "senses" when you are going to lose traction...

This is going to be a Ford vs Chevy thread. Do some research and read the reviews and most importantly test- ride them!

Comment

I wouldnt trade my kawi in for anything. It does all very well. thats my opinion tho. others are gonna say otherwise.
                            Current Bikes:

Comment

Originally posted by dianhsuhe View Post
                              The Kawasaki's, based on what I have read, have the best traction control system. It "senses" when you are going to lose traction...
                              I saw it in use once last week on my '11 Concours 14. I went to Trinidad beach, 20 miles north of Eureka, CA. Parked the bike in the parking area which is like hard packed dirt/sand. It was pretty misty at the time, so the area was also wet. I let the clutch out and the bike smoothly moved away. The KTRAC (traction control) was blinking wildly to let me know it was doing the job.If it weren't for the warning light, I'd never had known it was working.
                              Interesting thing is... I went on the Ave of the Giants ride at the end, got back on Highway 101. This highway was closed a few miles south due to a huge slide. I got on the freeway, and saw the barricade behind me. Well, new bike, I am at sea level (I live at 4800'), no one around, figured it was a good time to see what this big kawa can do! So, I turned off the eco mode and launched her. At around 40 mph, she pulled so hard that it felt like my hands would fly off the grips and the front wheel was well off the ground. I let off and was back to two wheel driving. When the front wheel was off, the KTRAC didn't kick in. I would think that the system would see a mismatch between the rear and front tires and kick in, but didn't.
                              From what I read, the implementation is different between the C14 and zx10. The ZX 10 is done for more performance reasons and the C14 is more for practical tooling about reasons, like rain or putting down a dirt or gravel road.

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                                My bike is sex offender because it rapes everything on the road! CBR1Krr

@ newkatbie ... You obviously haven't raced me yet lol
                                I'm game. lol. Lets find some twisty road. I tried to get this guy, dj, to race his 636 and he just said, "hell no". i was thinking of putting some 250r stickers on it to encourage noobs who don't know any better.

Comment

Working...
                                X