X

!989 gsx750f blue flame back fire pop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !989 gsx750f blue flame back fire pop

Wonder what you guys thought about this problem. Okay finally got the 89' 750 kat on the road. Runs pretty good but wont idle, if I do try to set the idle up it goes to 3,000 rpm if I try and set it any lower it stalls. Also while riding it on the road say letting of the gas it doesnt back fire or pop or anything? But when I go and get back on the gas it back fires and shoots a small blue flame out of the rear exhaust pipe somtimes on the right or left exhaust pipe. Im thinking this is a pilot jet screw setting? Im gussing its running to rich on one or two of the cylinders. Since it doesnt back fire while say riding down a hill and letting of the throttle there is no back fire or popping , but as soon as I open up the throttle just a hair it back fires and blows the blue flames then runs good after that though. Im just getting sick of the back fire ever time I gas it. Is it possible to adjust the a/f screws with the carbs on the bike?

i am looking for the same ansers just dont have the back fire

Comment

its LEAN not rich
      a rich mixture will bark a slow yellow flame
      a lean mixture snaps a blue flame

The fact the bike won't idle means there is no fuel or lack of fuel from the idle circuts. A proper carb cleaning is in order and re-adjust the float levels and mixture screws
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Is everything stock? or do you have aftermarket parts like exhaust, filter, jet kits? that might help to know.

Comment

Working...
        X