X

what do you guys think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think?

Looks like its all there and I have kinda been looking for a project. Think it's worth looking into?

I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole proverbially speaking, but wood is my medium. There's not a lot I could do with a bike like that unless I added substantially to my set of ratchets and sockets, my Made in China open ended wrench set, and my collection of oil filter wrenches...so don't put a lot of stock in my opinion.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I'm a mechanic and a gearhead with plenty of tools and electrical knowledge. My big questions are 1, how do you just lose a bike key? And 2, why is there a second harness? I mean really. Just looking for opinions

Comment

You have been here for a month. I've been here for 8 years. Trust me, you don't ask how people lose a key after 8 years.

Comment

What I was implying was if u are serious about something to the extent he seemed to be wouldn't u keep it on a keychain with your other keys or on its own keychain that you put in the same spot time after time? And yes I do occasionally lose my keys but only after someone else has them last

Comment

In 28 years of driving cars,trucks,buses and now bikes...never lost a key for any....more like it's been nicked or snatched as payment..IMO!
            I'm outa here

Comment

Lets try this again, stupid smartphones I swear!

A little about me. I'm a big Guy, 6'5 and 260. My dad had a 90 1100 kat and my uncle had a 94 750 kat. So my love of pre kats is engrained. This will be my first bike just like my uncles kat was his first bike. I want a 750 kat to be a reminder of him, almost like a tribute as he passed last year and gave his 'Busa to my father.

Arsenic, I have read many good things about you on here and I'm just looking for opinions from people like yourself who know what they are talking about

Comment

That bike is Hot hot hot!
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Walk away. Another bike will be in the mix. It may cost more, but it'll save you in headaches in the long run. I just find it odd to see painted fairings ,no key, and a HUGE dent on the tank. It's never a good sign. Walk away.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I would walk away too. My guess is he bought a new tire then ran into bigger problems and now decided to try to sell it to recoupe his losses.

Comment

Stoooooleeeeeeen

AND not worth 500 like that
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

A running one wouldn't cost much more and you could actually ride it. Unless you are really bored and need something to keep busy, I wouldn't do it.

Comment

Going to have to say walk, unless you like bringing back the truly dead. I see alot of money being spent to get going. added up you could find a good running bike for less than you'll spend fixxing that. I'm a prime example of that. I could have bought 2 maybe 3 bikes for what i spent to raise the dead.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thank guys. Guess ill keep saving and keep waiting. "I appreciate your input" - bloodhound gang

Comment

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it's hot just because the key's missing. Now, if there's no title...

That's a great parts bike for fixing up your almost complete 600 that you already have. If you're patient you could sell whatever parts you don't need and get your $500 ($350 after you talk him down a bit) back. As for getting it running, I don't think I'd bother. Besides, you say you want a 750. Look for a while longer and get exactly the bike you want.
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X