No announcement yet.
X

The truth about Glasspacks and kats!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any reason why I couldn't cut the end off my stock muffler, take out some baffle and get it to sound like a muzzy or yoshi? I mean I checked out the fz thread and basically he made his own but I have the can already. Any ideas on how to mod my stock?

Comment

Same way I said before. Remove the guts, install perfcore and packing, put it back together.

I'm gonna end up doing this with some stock 'Busa cans soonish (which means eventually... which means some day... which means they'll probably end up on someone else's bike first).
      Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

Sorry, but I've never seen an OEM Kat can modified that turned out any better than horrible.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
          Sorry, but I've never seen an OEM Kat can modified that turned out any better than horrible.
          Hey, I never said it would be awesome... I just said you could do it.

If I had a stock can I'd probably try it. I like modifying the stock cans because cops just think they're supposed to be like that.
          Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

Comment

+1, plus your going spend $$$ and time then not like it and end up buying a properly tuned muffler.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Ok, I'll just get a delkevic and not waste my time.

Comment

Attaboy!

Comment

A lot of people craps on D&D but I kind of like mine. Would like to hear others maybe change if one sounds better.

Comment

I love my Devil can
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran
                    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I got the 14inch oval can and really like it. Sporty but quiet'er with the baffle in (98db at idol) and loud and proud with it out (108db at idol) Here is the like to the pipe

And a vid I made of how easy it is to take the baffle out and a suggestion to put the bolt in when its out to keep the screw hole for the baffle from whistling, watch my vid and you'll know what I mean.
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDcC2-vBbKY&list=UUX6KmH1yk4KcNmAg4rjXlwQ&index=3&featur e=plcp"]Delkevic exhaust baffle removal - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

So I found a yoshimura slipon in excellent shape for 50 bucks at my local bike salvage yard! Couldn't be happier! Haven't put it on yet but I plan on it tomorrow! Can't wait to hear that yoshi growl when I fire her up!

Comment

Oh, how I wish I had a "local bike salvage yard"...

Comment

So I got the yoshi welded on and looks great and sounds amazing! Glad I waited and got something good! Total cost with welding: 75.00!

Comment

Working...
                            X