X

carb cleaning question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
    Yeah - completely disassemble them, clean, clean again, dry, replace any parts out of spec, reassemble, spec, remount and sync.

Carbs are very simple but intricate things. Take your time and pay attention. If anything seems out of place, or you get stuck with something - just ask on here and I am sure peeps will do their best to help.

But please, whatever you do - don't believe what anyone says about spraying the brass bits with diesel, or you can clean your carbs without dismounting them, or you can dunk the entire assembly into a tub of kerosene and it will fix everything. Some people believe that saying Seafoam three times in a row, backwards, on a Sunday with a gibbous moon will work.

I am not an expert on this, but I can do it, and speaking from experience - the only way to clean carbs is to completely disassemble, soak, and start rebuilding.
    +1

If you are going to remove the carbs from the bike, there is NO reason what so ever to not tear down and separate the carbs fully. None. Zero. Zilch!

Otherwise... it's like spraying windex on the windshield and claiming you cleaned your car.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X