NEVER scrub a chain again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
    Hey Bob,

Thanks for joining the forum to answer questions.

Since I replaced my chain last year I've been using chain wax instead of oil and it seems to repel dirt and grit well. I found with traditional chain lube the dirt and grit accelerted chain and o-ring wear.

I used some fluid film on the chain last night an it looks like it actually stripped the wax from the chain. Will fluid film repel dirt and grit as well? On initial impressions it looks like I may have to do more cleaning with fluid film over chain wax.
    Because Fluid Film remains wet, it will get an initial dusting upon application, but because Fluid Film contains no solvents and will not become tacky, it will not gum up or create a build-up of dirt. We have dealers that sell Fluid Film to bicycle rental stores in resort areas. I'm told that it's a real problem when people ride the bikes on the beach and the chains and gears come back covered in sand. Fluid Film has greatly reduced this issue for many bicycle rental stores. They just rinse off the surface sand and the Fluid Film remains in place. Because it does not dry, Fluid Film is also self-healing.
    Last edited by bob1008; 04-23-2013, 06:57 PM.
    Bob
    www.kellsportproducts.com

Comment

Hi Bob.
      Thanks for joining.

Ive been pushing the Fluid Film products on all my customers.
      Hands down this is the best product I have found for cleaning and maintaining everything from PWC to bikes to atvs and my cars.
      Its worth every penny and I keep lots in the shop for everything from lubing cables, to pivot points and controls to cleaning and detailing.
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Hey Guys, Thanks for all of the info. This is just what I have been looking for......
        sigpic
        98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
        Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Ok.... I picked up a can today and plan on using it tomorrow morning when it's not so darned hot out (100 right now and climbing). I currently use Motul (and usually I apply it after a ride) and it still seems to fling off a bit onto my tail when I ride the next day. What can I expect with Fluid Film? Just curious.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

With the exception of some heavy rain I got caught in the chain appears to remain wet looking with this product.

I noticed a bit of the product flung from the chain during application but nothing during riding.
            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
              With the exception of some heavy rain I got caught in the chain appears to remain wet looking with this product.

I noticed a bit of the product flung from the chain during application but nothing during riding.
              Thanks! This is good news because my tail is white and Motul (not dissin' the brand) is a biotch to get off. I may be onto something new here.
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

For the fluid film guys, can I use this for cleaning and lubing my chain and lubing my throttle and clutch cables? Also, I want to wipe down my forks and clutch/brake levers (they have some brown/rust spots). This stuff would do the trick correct?

Just trying to reduce the various spray cans and such that I have in my house.
                Extra life.

Comment

Ok.... I have no skin in this game...... I'm telling you the stuff works. It's all I brought with me on a ride out to the East Coast to do the Cabot Trail. It pretty much rained all the way there and the new chain I had installed before I left still looked new.
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                    Ok.... I have no skin in this game...... I'm telling you the stuff works. It's all I brought with me on a ride out to the East Coast to do the Cabot Trail. It pretty much rained all the way there and the new chain I had installed before I left still looked new.
                    Thanks. I think I'll just pick it up and go.
                    Extra life.

Comment

I have been using fluid film for years. Just started riding street in July, so can not say much for chain use yet. I use it on table saws, band saws and any tool that I leave out side in the shed for the winter, go out in the spring wipe on use, not rust. Completely rust free. I have a friend who sprays it on his chrome rims in the late fall, They look like crap by the time spring rolls around but he wipes off and they look brand new, no rust, no pitting and absolutely no corrosion what so ever.

I also no a guy who uses it as underspray (rust check)for his truck and he swares by it.

Great product, for what I used it for I would highly recommend it.

Just my .02
                      2002 750 Kat
                      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Just ordered a 400ml can off fleabay for GBP15 - I'll probably use it on my boat as well 'cause this stuff seems well suited to marine applications too.

Thanks again to Katriders!
                        I don't know what I want but I know how to get it.

Comment

Should be receiving 2 12 fl. oz. cans in the mail tomorrow. I hate being patient!
                          Extra life.

Comment

man, everybody is jumping on this stuff. I may give it a try too. So this cleans AND lubes the chain? Are any of you having to lube the chain after applying Fluid Film? The feedback sounds great. Overall, looks like I may be able to get rid of one extra bottle and only use Fluid Film to clean and keep my chain lubed up
                            - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Apparently, you just spray it on, ride around, wipe the chain. Chain wipes clean and the film stays.
                              Extra life.

Comment

Originally posted by rockat View Post
                                Apparently, you just spray it on, ride around, wipe the chain. Chain wipes clean and the film stays.
                                Yup
                                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X