X

2001 Kat 600 Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Kat 600 Help

i went riding this weekend on the highway. and now my bike maybe its me sounds a little weird. sound is weird to discrib sounds when i put my head up to the motor at idle. a low grinding or thumping noise. very faint. my friend said its normal his sorta has the same nice but hes got a yzf600.. but needless to say worried. next thing i experienced after this almost 1hour 45minute ride i stopped and turned my bike off. to rest a minute and well it wouldnt start. waited like 10-15minutes and she fired right up. and i have a slight thump coming from rear wheel area atleast i think its rear wheel when i pull in clutch. could it be that my tires at 26lbs just check pressure or my chain to tight? but i dont know the hight for the chain. i got it with 19050 and its a 20256 miles. it sounds diffrent than day 1 and performs diffrent. but i also added seafoam cause the owner said it sat for almost 3 years i have gained alot more power using seafoam and she pulls very well now compared to day 1. and did oil change before i got it. should i just do an oil change just incase they lied to me ab it? again i love this bike so much and just worried and figured someone might have some advice or awnsers to my question. it also has a k&n air filter, D&D pipe and jetted now. please some help. i can record sound but everyone knows how that might turn out. if someone can post audio of how there engine runs so i can compare to other kats it might help..
    sigpic2001 katana 600 D&D Exhaust, stage 2 Jets, K&N Air filter, tail eliminator and many more to come

well try to change the oil and observe carfully if you find any metal peices or check the chain

Comment

26psi in your tyres?!?!

Bump that up to 34 front, 38 rear and see if that improves things - but if there's a grinding noise I'd check chain for tightness, sprockets for breakages, pads and rotors for wear, and also your wheel bearings.

Ditch the K&N and put stock filter back in. I never noticed my Thundercat making any noise like the Katana at all - very different beast.

Comment

do you feel anything unusual in your left foot peg? more vibration than the right or a tapping? that may indicate chain problems...but then again you said you can hear it while its parked an idling? So that pretty much eliminates the chain
        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
        X